Here’s all our —-> BEST AIR FRYER RECIPES
Buy our –> Air fryer eCookbooks here!
Best Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
Air fryer grilled cheese sandwiches are life changing! We knew it would work, but didn’t realize how the air fryer makes perfect grilled cheese! Whether it’s for a quick snack for the kids or a seriously delicious lunch, these are fantastic. The bread toasts perfectly and the cheese melts fantastic. If you don’t want to use a lot fo butter, you don’t have to. Even with little butter or a light spray of olive oil, the bread toasts perfectly in the air fryer.
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich in Air Fryer Video
- Lay slices of good melting cheese in center of slices of bread. Close the sandwich and spread softened butter on outside of bread. Or spray with light olive oil spray.
- If your bread is really thin and light, it will fly off the sandwich from the circulating air in the air fryer. So you can use a toothpick to secure the sandwich together. But remember to remove the toothpicks before eating!
- Lay sandwich in air fryer and cook. Fantastic grilled cheese sandwich in the air fryer that’s easy and delicious!
- Full recipe instructions in the recipe box below.
Fantastic grilled cheese sandwich in the air fryer that’s easy and delicious!
Best Cheeses for Grilled Cheese
Choose a good melting cheese to make it super delicious. We love using classic slices of american cheese because the flavor is great and melts super quick. Sharp cheddar cheese, swiss, tuyere and fontina are examples of good melting cheeses. If you’re slicing cheese off a block, make sure to slice the cheese thin. The thicker the cheese, the longer it takes to melt in the air fryer. So cook the sandwich on lower heat until the cheese melts, then cook it on the higher heat setting to toast the bread. We’ve tested the sandwich with butter and light spray of olive oil. Both work great with different flavor options!
BUY OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook.
Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes
Here’s more great sandwich and air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter
- 1.5 oz. (43 g) good melting cheese (American, swiss, cheddar, Gruyere, etc.)
- Lay cheese in between bread. Butter outside of bread with butter. Lay sandwich in air fryer basket. If needed, use two toothpicks to secure the sandwich together by sticking it through the sandwich.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 3-5 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Flip the sandwich and increase heat to 380°F to finish and crisp the bread. Finish air frying for about 5 minutes or until the sandwich is to your preferred texture. Check on the sandwich often to make sure it doesn't burn (different breads will toast quicker or slower than others). Allow to cool a bit before biting into the yummy grilled cheese sandwich!