We can’t tell you how many friends died for this amazing grilled mexican street corn recipe. You guys, seriously this is what Summer is all about: making the best corn dishes to share with all your friends.
Best Mexican Street Corn Recipe
It’s all about eating in the outdoors, enjoying the awesome weather and sweet corn. These are called Elotes, which is a grilled Mexican street corn that is super popular street food that is loved by so many for it’s fantastic flavors. It might be a little messy but the combination of the Mexican crema and Mexican cotija cheese is fantastic. There’s so much to love about mexican street corn because the grilled corn flavors and the creamy cheesy spread makes every single bite amazing. It’s addicting because it’s not just one ear of corn you might eat. You an easily consume 2 or 3 in one sitting. This grilled mexican street corn is so delicious, it’s almost like a meal in itself.
Watch Video of Grilled Mexican Street Corn :
If you don’t have Mexican crema you can use sour cream and if you can’t find Mexican Cotija cheese, you can use feta or even parmesan cheese. We feel like Parmesan cheese is the closest to Cotija cheese. This is one of those recipes that you might need to made 4 batches of because it’s so good, everyone is going to really want to devour Summer corn and take advantage of every delicious mexican street corn bite. Can you tell we’re obsessed? It’s definitely going to be at all of our Summer parties because it’s one of the most fun seasons for grilling corn! Hope you enjoy this grilled Mexican street corn and let us know what you think! And here’s a great way to make corn on the cob that’s juicy, buttery and perfect!
Favorite BBQs & Tools:Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there that is never needed. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
We love these basting brushed. Clean up super easy, hold a solid amount of sauce. Our go-to basting brush.
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija (or parmesan cheese or feta cheese) plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves , and extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 4 ears corn , husked
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted (approximately)
- Kosher salt , to taste on grilled corn
- black pepper , to taste on grilled corn
- 2 stalks of green onions , sliced thin
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Brush melted butter on the corn. Season corn with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat grill and cook corn, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred, about 5-7 minutes depending on how hot your grill is.
- Transfer corn to a platter and spoon cheese mixture over the corn. Sprinkle with extra cheese, paprika or chili powder, green onions and/or chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.