Grilled Chipotle Chicken
This easy chipotle chicken recipe is a classic and popular Mexican chicken recipe for tacos, burritos, salads or eaten whole with rice or beans.
We can’t get enough of this chipotle chicken recipe because we made the chipotle chicken recipe easy to make and loaded with flavor so there’s no boring bite. Our goal has always been to create recipes that are easy and delicious, so this chipotle chicken recipe is no exception. The delicious combination of crushed fresh garlic, Chipotle spices (or canned chipotle peppers) and other spices comes alive when you grill the chicken on the bbq. You can certainly make this chipotle chicken recipe on the stove top grill and the results are equally delicious. You can use this chipotle marinade on either chicken breasts, boneless chicken things or bone-in skin chicken thighs (for more flavor). If using chicken breasts, we sliced them horizontally to make them thinner for quicker grilling and also to avoid drying out the chicken breasts while cooking. Chicken thighs are juicy already and we don’t usually thin out the chicken thighs.
Watch this delicious video of grilled chipotle chicken recipe:
Also, chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce can be spicy, so be cautious if you’re using more than 1. Eat this delicious chipotle chicken in chipotle chicken tacos, salads, burritos or with a side of rice and beans. The flavors are outstanding and it’s a wonderful recipe for an easy weeknight meal. Or if you’re ready to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, this is the best chipotle chicken recipe you’ll ever try!
Click here for –> more Fabulous Chicken Recipes
Click Here for our –> Popular Mexican Recipes
Click Here for our —> Best Grilling & BBQ Recipes
Here’s some great Mexican recipes and Latin Recipes.
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there that is never needed. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
We love these basting brushed. Clean up super easy, hold a solid amount of sauce. Our go-to basting brush.
Grilled Chipotle Chicken
- 2 pounds (907.18 g) boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 3-4 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chipotle powder or 1-2 chipotles peppers packed in adobo sauce , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black ground pepper
- Stir together all marinade ingredients (oil, garlic, chili powder, chipotle, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, and pepper) in a bowl or large ziplock bag.
- Add chicken and to the marinade and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag/bowl and discard excess marinade. Grill the chicken for about 2-4 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve in a sandwich, or with a side of veggies or rice. Or make it into a taco!