Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
Cooking air fryer frozen pizza in the personal size is a great way to enjoy pizza in minutes! We have some great suggestions for you o air frying pizza from frozen with different types of crusts.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
Cooking a small personal frozen pizza in the air fryer is super easy. You just need to understand your air fryer and the size or thickness of your frozen pizza. Air fryers come in different sizes, thus all cook a little differently. And of course, frozen pizzas from different brands have various thickness of crusts and types of toppings. You have to be flexible and adjust the cooking times to those factors.
Video: Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
The video shows three different brands of personal pizzas. One is a traditional crust and the other is the deep dish crust and one is stuffed crust. But if you have a very large air fryer and are cooking something that is larger than personal size, then you definitely must adjust your cooking time.
How Long to Cook Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
Like we mentioned above, timing depends on the size/type of air fryer and the brand of personal pizza. We tested 3 different types of pizza crusts and they all turned out crispy and great. Read the recipe box below for all the details.
- For thin crust, traditional crust and deep dish, start at 380°F for about 6 minutes first and then add additional minute or two if needed. Deep dish pizza might take about 2 extra minutes after the first base 6 minutes of air frying.
- If your pizza has lots of toppings, you don’t want to burn the toppings. So we suggest spraying a light layer of oil on top of the pizza. That way as the crust cooks, the toppings won’t burn.
- Larger air fryers often take a little more time to heat up, so you’ll have to factor this into your total time. But we still recommend at starting around 6 minutes, then adding more time if needed.
- Also, if you have an oven style air fryer, make sure to put your rack in the middle of the air fryer and not cook the pizza on the top rack. Putting the pizza too close to the top rack might burn it because it’s too close to the heating element. The middle position of the air fryer on oven style air fryers is the preferred position.
- All air fryer frozen pizza recipe details are in the recipe box below.
How Long To Air Fry Stuffed Crust Pizza?
The thicker cheese stuffed crust personal size pizza will take a little bit longer and cooked at a lower temperature. This lower temperature will allow the pizza to heat all the way through.
- We suggest start air frying at 360°F for 6 minutes.
- Check on the crust to see if it’s finished. Then add additional 1-3 minutes of extra air frying time until the pizza is perfect to your personal preference.
- The toppings and pepperoni will definitely be crispy. If you don’t like crispy pepperoni, then remove the pepperoni before you air fry. Then add the pepperoni on the back on the pizza for the last 2 minutes of air frying.
- After you air fry your first batch, you’ll know what timing is perfect for your air fryer model and personal preference.
Air frying French Bread Pizza vs Round Personal Pizza?
- Usually most French bread pizza’s are a little larger and thicker than the round personal size pizzas. Because of this, French bread pizza’s might need an additional minute or so of air frying.
- All air fryer models cook a little differently, so we suggest starting at 380°F for about 7 minutes. Check on the baguette pizza and if needed, add an additional 1-2 minutes until it’s cooked to your preferred crispness
- After you air fry your first frozen pizza, you’ll know the best timing for your next batches.
Air Fryer Pizza
- 1 Frozen Individual Pizza
- oil spray , (optional to lightly coat the pizza)
- Remove pizza from plastic and discard the plastic and microwave crisping sheet if included with the pizza. Place the pizza in the air fryer basket. Optional – Lightly spray the top of pizza so that the toppings cook more evenly. If your toppings are loose, you can add an air fryer wire rack over the pizza to keep them from flying off.
- For Regular Frozen Personal Pizzas: Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for 6 minutes. Check the pizza and cook for another 2-4 minutes or until cooked to your desired crispness. Deep dish crusts will take a little longer, while thin crust will be slightly quicker.
- For Frozen Stuffed Crust Pizza: Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 7 minutes. Check the pizza and cook for another 2-4 minutes or until cooked to your desired crispness.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!