Creating delicious Spaghetti squash recipes are always a priority in our text kitchen. Why? Because we really love eating spaghetti squash for so many reasons. It’s low carb, healthy and always delicious. Spaghetti squash is the perfect easy weeknight dinner when you’re craving something light and satisfying. When you’re wanting to eat pasta like spaghetti but without all the carbs, reach for a spaghetti squash and you’ll be on your way to a fantastic low carb dinner. We have an awesome collection of easy recipes with spaghetti squash and we’re always adding new recipes with spaghetti squash to enjoy throughout the week, if you’re obsessed like we are. This spaghetti squash chicken enchilada boats is another way to celebrate with this awesome vegetable for when you’re craving something Mexican without all the calories from tortillas. Filled with juicy chicken and our fresh homemade enchilada sauce, you’ll be able to satisfy all those cravings for chicken enchiladas without all the tortillas. These are baked right into the spaghetti squash boats and your whole family will be able to enjoy chicken enchiladas, low carb style and much healthier! Click Here for all our delicious —-> Spaghetti Squash Recipes.
Watch our Spaghetti Squash Chicken Enchilada Recipe:
Click here for our –> Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Click here for our —> Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Recipe
Click here for our –> Cheesy Saucy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Click here for —> How to Quickly Microwave Spaghetti Squash
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products, plus a little bonus of some of our favorites for entertaining. Here’s some of the favorites:
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (@ 3lbs. or 1365g)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste
- fresh Cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- 1 cup (about) shredded roast chicken or other cooked chicken
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese , divided (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- optional toppings: chopped tomatoes , green onions, cilantro or sliced black olives
- Preheat Oven to 375°F (190°C). Oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening the "spaghetti strands" from the shells.
- While squash is baking, make the chicken enchilada mixture: In bowl, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, garlic salt and onion powder and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- When squash is cooked and you’ve loosened the strands, divide the chicken enchilada mixture between the two spaghetti squash “boats”. Top the squash with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake oven for about 10 minutes or until the squash, sauce and chicken is warm and cheese is melted. If you want the cheese bubbly and brown, broil the squash for an additional minute or so.
- Top with green onions and optional toppings. Serve warm. Enjoy!