Spaghetti Squash Chicken Enchilada Boats
Spaghetti squash chicken enchilada boats are fun to eat! Creating delicious Spaghetti squash recipes are always a priority in our text kitchen. Why? Because we really love eating spaghetti squash for so many reasons. It’s low carb, healthy and always delicious.
Spaghetti Squash Boats with Chicken Enchilada Filling
Spaghetti squash is the perfect easy weeknight dinner when you’re craving something light and satisfying. When you’re wanting to eat pasta like spaghetti but without all the carbs, reach for a spaghetti squash and you’ll be on your way to a fantastic low carb dinner. We have an awesome collection of easy recipes with spaghetti squash and we’re always adding new recipes with spaghetti squash to enjoy throughout the week, if you’re obsessed like we are.
Video: Spaghetti Squash Chicken Enchilada Recipe:
Lower Carb Than Tortillas
These spaghetti squash chicken enchilada boats is another way to celebrate with this awesome vegetable for when you’re craving something Mexican without all the calories from tortillas. Filled with juicy chicken and our fresh homemade enchilada sauce, you’ll be able to satisfy all those cravings for chicken enchiladas without all the tortillas. These are baked right into the spaghetti squash boats and your whole family will be able to enjoy chicken enchiladas, low carb style and much healthier! And you’ve gotta try this Southwest baked chicken. So good!
Click here for our –> Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce Recipe
If you love Spaghetti Squash, you’ll probably love Spiralizing. Check out some Favorites for Spiralizing:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
Paderno Spiralizer – The Classic! We’ve lost track of how many meals this one has made for us. Fantastic spiralizer.
KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment – Spiralize, peel, core, slice. All from the power of the KitchenAid stand mixer.
OXO Julienne Peeler – For those who love it simple. This great julienne peeler has seen a lot of mileage in our kitchen
Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Boats
For the Spaghetti Squash
Chicken Enchilada Toppings:
- 1 cup (140 g) (about) shredded roast chicken or other cooked chicken
- 1 cup (240 g) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1 cup (113 g) shredded cheddar cheese , divided (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- optional toppings: chopped tomatoes , green onions, cilantro or sliced black olives
- Preheat Oven to 375°F/190°C. Oil a sheet pan or baking dish with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strand. Season with salt and pepper then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan/baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening the “spaghetti strands” from the shells.
- While squash is baking, make the chicken enchilada mixture: In bowl, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, garlic salt and onion powder and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- When squash is cooked and you’ve loosened the strands, divide the chicken enchilada mixture between the two spaghetti squash “boats”. Top the squash with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake oven for about 10 minutes or until the squash, sauce and chicken is warm and cheese is melted. If you want the cheese bubbly and brown, broil the squash for an additional minute or so.
- Top with green onions and optional toppings. Serve warm. Enjoy!