Gosh, we love meatloaf! It’s one of those comfort recipes that is so satisfying and simple to make, it’s hard to not want to serve it more often at dinner parties. Our meatloaf recipe is always a hit and everyone enjoys making it but our favorite part about meatloaf are the leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches! The leftover meatloaf makes a mean-ass meat loaf sandwich that’s fabulous for a quick lunch or dinner. And meatloaf sandwiches are great as hangover food, but that’s another story. LOL.
Video of our Kick-Butt Meat Loaf Sandwich!
Click Here —>for our Juicy Meatloaf Recipe
Slice, fry and devour in a sandwich
Anyways, when you make our popular meatloaf recipe, you’ll probably have a slice or two leftover. When you do, grill it up on a pan to get an awesome sear on both sides. This adds amazing flavor and texture. Then get some grilled bread or toast and add a swipe of mayo and mustard. Then add what ever your favorite sandwich accompaniments you want, but make sure your slice of meat loaf is thick. This is almost as good as a burger and with all the fantastic flavors of the meatloaf, you’ll wish you had more leftovers!
In fact, you can make meatloaf just for sandwiches. Just make a big batch and store it in the fridge. When you’re ready for a sandwich, just slice off a nice thick slice and you’ll be in sandwich heaven! Enjoy!
Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich
Yield: Makes a Sandwich
Total Time: 15 minutes
This is perfect to use up leftover meatloaf. It will be firmer than freshly baked meatloaf and easier to cut the slices out of. For a meatloaf recipe, here is our kitchen's recipe: Juicy Meatloaf Recipe.
- 3/4” thick Meatloaf slices (leftover slices are ideal)
- 1/2 - 1 Tablespoon (7-15ml) Vegetable Oil (canola oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, etc…)
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- sliced Bread
- Desired Sandwich Condiments
- Dijon Mustard
- Crispy Lettuce (iceberg, romaine, green leaf, etc…)
- Red Onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and then place the meatloaf slices cut side down. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Carefully flip the slices over, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until browned and heated through.
- Toast the bread slices and then dress with mustard and mayonnaise. Assemble the sandwich with the desired condiments and enjoy!
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission and do not re-publish this recipe. Simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
3/4” thick Meatloaf slices (leftover slices are ideal)