This Grilled Romaine salad recipe is definitely a treat and perfect salad for outdoor gatherings. Have you ever had a grilled romaine salad before? If not, you’re in for a delicious surprise.
Best Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe
When fresh green romaine is grilled, a great smoky flavor comes out and gives a very unique and delicious flavor to the romaine lettuce. The grilled romaine lettuce holds up better to grilling than most regular soft lettuce varieties. That’s why this grilled romaine salad recipe is so delicious and popular! Adding some grilled chicken is a fantastic addition to grilled romaine. If you have some Caesar dressing on hand, this beautiful romaine can easily become a grilled romaine chicken Caesar salad. Too can add all the grilled romain hearts or romaine halves on a big platter with all the cheese. Then everyone can serve themselves and then add the dressing on top. Or you can just chop the grilled romaine, toss it with cheese or what ever else you want to add and it’ll become a fabulous chopped grilled romaine salad.
Video: Easy Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe:
Everyone we served this to was blown away at how much flavor and texture a simple salad can be. So add this grilled romaine salad recipe to your summer menu and everyone will be obsessed with how delicious this easy grilled romaine salad can be! Click here for more –> Healthy vegetable recipes.
Click here for more—> Healthy Salad Recipes :
Check out our –> Popular Summer Recipes
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Some days we just need to keep the little things contained on the grill. Throw them all into a basket and grill from there. Easy-peasy.
Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe
- 2 medium heads (2 medium heads) romaine lettuce , cut lengthwise into wedges
- olive oil for brushing the romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (60 g) crumbled or grated cheese (choose your favorite!)
- lemon wedges for serving and squeezing over salad
For the Dressing
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic , crushed or fine mince
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil for the dressing
- Zest of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) soy sauce (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Make the Dressing: Combine dressing ingredients (garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar, paprika, salt and black pepper) in mason jar. Close the lid and shake ingredients together until well combined. Or combine all ingredients together in medium bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the grill or bbq to medium-high to high heat (depending on grill’s heat intensity). Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Grill Romaine: Lightly coat romaine lettuce head with oil. Grill the lettuce until they’re individually cooked and slightly charred.
- Allow lettuce to cool slightly. Lay romaine on large platter, drizzle dressing on top and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!