Creamy garlic chicken is a household favorite for everyone in the family. This is the perfect one-pot chicken recipe when you’re in need of something delicious, satisfying and easy for a weeknight dinner. Add your choice of pasta or rice to soak up all the delicious creamy garlic sauce. The broccoli adds a wonderful crunch and vegetable to this garlic chicken. Other vegetable options you can add to this chicken recipe is spinach, potatoes, squash and zucchini.
The vegetable possibilities are endless and so are the starches that you can serve with the creamy garlic sauce. Rice and pasta are always the go-to starches, but you can also try quinoa, couscous and wild rice. Crusty bread is also another great option to dip into the sauce and soak it all up.
Watch how easy it is to make the Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken w/ Broccoli:
You can make the vegetables as soft or crunchy as you like. If you want the vegetables softer with this creamy garlic chicken, add it when you add the chicken back into the pot. If you want more al-dente vegetables, then add it in later and time it so that it cooks to your preferred texture after the chicken is finished. Hope you enjoy this creamy garlic sauce. It’s divine!
Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli
We used chicken breast for the recipe, but it can easily be made with chicken thighs or legs.
- 2 pounds (910g) boneless chicken breasts
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons (60g) butter, divided
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces - 298g) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 2 to 3 cups (480-720ml) chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon (10ml) chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedges, optional
Serve with rice or pasta
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt half the butter (2 tablespoons). Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.
- In same pan melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add the garlic and cook until garlic is lightly brown and fragrant. Whisk in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, then turn heat down to low.
- Add chicken and broccoli back into the pan cover the pan with a lid and cook for about another 10 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. If you want more firm or al-dente broccoli, add the broccoli after the chicken is almost cooked so that the broccoli is more crunchy.
- Serve with rice or pasta and wedges of lemon. Garnish with chopped parsley.