A few words of caution here about these cheddar stuffed burgers: they’re piping hot when the cheese oozes out so be careful AND they are crazy ridiculously delicious. Other than that, you’re free to go to town and share these with your besties and bros at your next bbq gathering! Heck yeah, why not add the cheese inside the burger patties? It’s a sinfully delicious way to enjoy the burgers and that’s why they do it all the time where it originated, in Minneapolis. Those genius folks call it the juicy lucy burger for every right reason. It’s the most delicious cheeseburger recipe you’ll ever eat because the cheese is plentiful inside the beef patty and it’s super melted and oozing out like delicious cheesy lava. The juicy lucy burger is the signature dish of Minneapolis, as they claim it to be, and the link above shows all their favorite spots for this glorious burger. We first had the Juicy Lucy years ago when we were in Minneapolis and it was fantastic to taste it in it’s proud city.
Here’s the video on how to make these kick-butt burgers:
You can totally make this the hit at your next Summer burger grilling party. They are so easy to make and you can pre-make all the patties the night before. When the day of the grilling happen, you just throw them on the grill and let the magic happen. These cheddar stuffed burgers are the ultimate cheeseburger recipe and it’s hard to beat a burger that has a heart full of cheesy-gooey-gold. Happy Grilling!
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some smokers and tools make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Oklahoma Joe’s Offset Smoker – Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Much better than the one used above in the video and photos.
Charbroil 4-burner Gas Grill – One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Flame Boss Wifi Temperature Control – A gadget geeks smoking dream. Control your grill and smoker’s temp. from your phone. Adjusts air flow, determines meat temperature. Gadget awesomeness!
- 2 lbs. ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt , or to taste
- Black Pepper , to taste (fresh cracked if possible)
- 1/2 lb. American cheese, grated Cheddar Cheese, Blue Cheese or cheese of your choice
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Hot sauce
- Combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix together well.
- Roll the beef into 6 balls. Split each beef ball in half and flatten out to your preferred patty size. Place about 2-3 tablespoons cheese in the center of one patty, then top with the other patty and seal the edges by pinching and smoothing with your fingers.
- Gently press flat, double checking there are no opening for the cheese to escape when the burgers cook.
- Cook on a grill or skillet over medium high heat (usually about 3 minutes per side). Toast the buns and serve with your desired burger toppings