Every Summer bbq party deserves to have a great corn salad recipe, especially when the corn is grilled. Sweet tender kernel of charred corn with a ton of different chopped vegetable textures is a dreamy salad ready to devour at the height of the season. Our version of grilled corn salad has plenty of fresh and healthy ingredients all combined into a huge bowl. Chopped cucumber, tomatoes and basil leaves really give this salad a fresh pop of textures. We made this corn salad with black beans, but we know not everyone loves them, so it’s optional. Make it as you like it. The vinaigrette is super simple but absolutely flavorful. It’s the fresh garlic and lemon zest that makes the flavors outstanding. Please make sure to use lemon zest because the brightness of the lemon juice coupled with the zest is pure magic. You can literally smell this salad a mile away when you’re adding all the lemon zest.
Video of our Awesome Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
So when your Summer agenda is filled with great potlucks, picnics and parties this is THE best summer grilled corn salad to bring. It’ll take about 30 minutes but you know what? It just might take a little longer cause it’s so good, you might want to make a double or triple batch. That mean more chopping on your end but you’ll make a ton of people into happy eaters!
Check out a Kitchen Corn Tool & BBQ Games:
Some tools make frying all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Corn Stripper – No knife skills needed.
Cornhole Beanbag Toss Game – Grilling time is backyard game time. Pick your version of the classic bean bag toss – flag, football, lit up led, or red & blue design.
Croquet Set – Let the competition begin. Our families have never laughed so hard during backyard BBQing as when the mallets come out and the balls start knocking.
- 4 ears corn shucked
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- zest from 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans drained and rinsed, optional
- 2 oz. feta cheese (add more if you like more cheese)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup basil leaves , chopped
- Grill the ears of corn until they have a nice char and are tender. Allow to cool.
- In large bowl combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, ground cumin, chili powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut the kernels of corn off the cob and place in a large bowl. Add black beans (optional), feta cheese, tomatoes and cucumber. Toss with the dressing and the basil and serve.