Easy Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
One of the easiest and most fun chicken recipes to make are chicken lettuce cups. Think of them as a deconstructed chicken salad, with whole pieces of crisp lettuce and stuffed with wonderful savory chicken filling. This is one of those recipes for chicken lovers that’s hard to resist because it’s not only a healthy recipe, but super flavorful as well. Sauteed chicken with fresh garlic, ginger and Asian spices makes this one of our easiest recipes to feed a crowd. Vegetables in the form of sweet bell peppers are in this recipe, but feel free to add more of your favorite variations. Chopped carrots, celery, squash are just a few examples to make this chicken lettuce cup recipe extra healthy.
Video: Easy Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
Homemade is Best!
More Great and Easy Dinner Recipes:
- Sriracha Roat Chicken Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Salmon
- Roast pork with caramelized onion gravy
- Salisbury steak recipe
This recipe was originally publish din 2014 and re-published in 2019 with updated photos and video.
- 1 pound chicken breast or chicken thighs (or minced chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 -inch knob of fresh ginger , grated or finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce , or to personal taste
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin or Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar (for gluten free)
- 1 large bell pepper , minced
- 2 green onions , minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lettuce leaves
- In large heated pan, add oil. Add garlic and ginger, cook till translucent.
Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, hoisin/oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and combine with chicken meat.
- Add bell peppers and green onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined well and chicken is cooked through. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- You can serve the filling while it's warm, or allow it to cool. Serve with lettuce leaves.