Video: Easy Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
One of the easiest and most fun chicken recipes to make are chicken lettuce cups. Think of them as a deconstructed chicken salad, with whole pieces of crisp lettuce and stuffed with wonderful savory chicken filling. This is one of those recipes for chicken lovers that’s hard to resist because it’s not only a healthy recipe, but super flavorful as well. Sauteed chicken with fresh garlic, ginger and Asian spices makes this one of our easiest recipes to feed a crowd. Vegetables in the form of sweet bell peppers are in this chicken lettuce cup recipe, but feel free to add more of your favorite variations. Chopped carrots, celery, squash are just a few examples to make this chicken lettuce cup recipe extra healthy.
For this recipe, you can use either ground chicken breast or ground dark meat chicken. But what we love (you can see in the video) is mincing up fresh chicken breast or chicken thighs for a bigger bite of chicken. We love the texture of hand minced chicken. Serve some fresh lime wedges on the side to squeeze on these lettuce cups for extra bright flavor. You can’t go wrong with a squeeze of fresh citrus. And if you’re considering making this for a party, think about all the different lettuce varieties you can add like butter leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce. These are also a great gluten free chicken recipe by using gluten free soy sauce and hoisin/oyster sauce. What ever you decide to do, you can’t deny that these this chicken dish is easy, flavorful and healthy. Enjoy!
- 1 pound chicken breast or chicken thighs (or minced chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 -inch knob of fresh ginger , grated or finely minced
- 1 large bell pepper , minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin or Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar (for gluten free)
- 2 green onions , minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lettuce leaves
- In large heated pan, add oil. Add garlic and ginger, cook till translucent.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and combine with chicken meat.
- Add bell peppers and green onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined well and chicken is cooked through. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- You can serve the filling while it's warm, or allow it to cool. Serve with lettuce leaves.