Previously, we shared a recipe and video for an easy chicken lettuce cups that’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Now we have a version for all you spice lovers! Both fresh and flavorful, this simple chicken lettuce cups recipe is made with healthy chicken breast, wonderful spices and plenty of sriracha hot sauce. If you love sriracha chicken, these lettuce cups will be one of your favorites because it combines both the spicy kick of sriracha, healthy chicken breast, vegetables and fresh, crisp lettuce leaves. There’s very little oil in this recipe, so it’s low-calorie and packed with spices and sauces for maximum flavor. You can add extra vegetables if you want to make it extra fresh and change up the vegetables if you want by adding fresh chopped mushrooms, carrots or zucchini. The options are endless to make this an extra healthy chicken recipe.
For parties, this is a wonderful dish to make as both a main meal or chicken appetizer. Just prepare all the sriracha chicken filling ahead of time, because the chicken still tastes wonderful when it’s cold. Add platters of fresh lettuce and a big bowl of the filling, then allow your guests to make their own chicken lettuce wraps. Some other great variations on chicken lettuce cups recipes are thai larb chicken lettuce cups and here’s a great turkey lettuce cup recipe from Steamy Kitchen.
Here’s a quick video making the Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Cups:
Photo Gallery for Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
Please read blog post for video and more recipe details
- 1 pound of ground chicken breast or dark meat (or minced chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion , minced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 large stalks of celery , small dice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce , or to taste (here's a link for homemade Sriracha Sauce)
- 1/2 cup choppped cilantro
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- In large heated pan, add oil. Add garlic and onions and cook till translucent.
- Add chicken and cook until brown. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and Sriracha hot sauce. Stir well until sauces are combines.
- Add celery and Cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined well.
- Pour chicken filling into bowl and allow to cool, then top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with fresh lettuce leaves.