aaThis scrumptious sautéed garlic mushrooms recipe is a reader favorite! Enjoy them as a delicious vegetable side dish or with a great grilled steak.
One of the easiest and best garlic mushroom recipes
Calling all mushroom lovers! If you’re looking for a quick side dish, this is the best sautéed garlic mushrooms recipe for you! Within a few minutes, this quick and easy recipe will pair perfectly with your favorite grilled steak or if you’re in need of a great mushroom side dish. Sautéed with garlic, white wine and a touch of lemon, all the flavors come through each meaty-mushroom bite. The flavors come from caramelizing the mushrooms, so make sure to cook these mushrooms on high heat. You can add additional garlic if you love garlic and more lemon for the bright citrus flavors.
Video Garlic Mushrooms with White Wine Sauce:
We’re obsessed with mushroom and love eating them in so many different ways. Below are links to our favorite mushroom recipes and they are loaded with different styles of mushroom gravy recipes ranging from creamy garlic mushroom gravy to a creamy garlic mushroom sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Sautéed Button Mushrooms In White Wine Sauce
- 16 oz. (454 g) small button mushrooms (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil , divided
- 4 cloves garlic , chopped or crushed
- 1 onion , minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) white wine or broth
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili flakes
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped parsley
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Brush the mushrooms clean. Keep the mushrooms whole, or if they are large, cut them in half.
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Add half of the olive oil (2 tablespoons-30ml), then mushrooms. Cook and stir mushrooms until they start to brown and caramelize, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil and then add onions and garlic, cook until translucent.Add wine, lemon juice and chili flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes or until liquid reduces down a bit.
- Add butter and chopped parsley, cook for an additional 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Click Here for our —> Amazing Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Click Here for —> One Pot Pork Chops with Garlic Mushroom Gravy Recipe
You’ll LOVE these —> Awesome Mushroom Gravy Scalloped Potatoes
Try Our popular –> Chicken with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce
Recipe originally published in 2015 and updated in 2019 with a new recipe video!