Everyone who loves garlic as much as we do absolutely loves eating roasted garlic. It’s truly one of the tastiest vegetarian dishes to make and this easy roasted garlic recipe has endless possibilities. The roasted, concentrated and caramelized flavor is outstanding and the perfect accompaniment to a platter of crispy bread, crackers or on grilled meats. Not only do we love eating roasted garlic as an appetizer or side dish, it’s fabulous in so many other preparations. Take a clove or two of these little roasted jewels and make a roasted garlic olive oil for cooking. Roasted garlic salad dressings, added with a chopped salad or tossed and mashed into a sauce will bring out wonderful roasted flavors that can’t be duplicated with any dried spices. Reserve the left over oil after roasting because this roasted garlic oil is amazing! Add it to your next dressings or just dip some bread into it! Click Here for our–> Great Vegetable Recipes.
Watch our Roasted Garlic Video:
Click Here for–> Amazing Garlic Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
Click Here for –> Best Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Garlic , whole heads
- Olive Oil (about 1 Tablespoon per head of garlic)
- sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- optional-fresh thyme leaves or oregano leaves
- Preheat oven 400º F. Remove extra loose white skin around garlic heads. Carefully slice a thin layer off the tops of each garlic head exposing a bit of the garlic below. Don’t cut too deep into the garlic or the garlic will dry out.
- In a baking dish sized to fit all of your garlic heads, layer them in a single layer, without too much extra space (small ramekins are great for just a head or two.)
- Pour olive oil over each garlic head. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and black pepper. If using optional fresh thyme, sprinkle leaves over garlic heads.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and drizzle a little more olive oil. Return to oven and roast for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Take garlic out of baking dishes and serve with baguette slices, crackers, etc., or use in whichever culinary dish you'd like. *Once oil has cooled in baking dishes, strain and save for other recipes that you want to cook with this amazing garlic oil.