Easy Roasted Garlic
Everyone who loves garlic as much as we do absolutely loves eating these amazing cloves. It’s truly one of the tastiest vegetarian dishes to make and this easy roasted garlic recipe has endless possibilities.
Easy Roasted Garlic Recipe
The roasted, concentrated and caramelized flavor is outstanding and the perfect accompaniment to a platter of crispy bread, crackers or on grilled meats. Not only do we love eating this as an appetizer or side dish, it’s fabulous in so many other preparations. Take a clove or two of these little roasted jewels and make an olive oil for cooking. Salad dressings, added with a chopped salad or tossed and mashed into a sauce will bring out wonderful roasted flavors that can’t be duplicated with any dried spices. Reserve the left over oil after roasting because this oil is amazing! Add it to your next dressings or just dip some bread into it!
Watch our Roasted Garlic Video:
Recipe ideas with Roasted Garlic:
- Add it to a dressing or vinaigrette. Smash the garlic in some olive oil, add balsamic, salt and pepper. Instant easy dressing!
- Add it to a dip. The flavors come out great with cheese!
- Spread it on crackers or toast.
- Add it to scrambled eggs.
- Smash or chop into small pieces and saute with veggies with these roasted garlic cloves
- Sautee it with chicken, beef, pork or seafood. Wow, it’s so good!
- Make bottles of roast garlic dressing and share make gifts out of it for the holidays!
Easy Roasted Garlic
- Preheat oven 400º F. Remove extra loose white skin around garlic heads. Carefully slice a thin layer off the tops of each garlic head exposing a bit of the garlic below. Don’t cut too deep into the garlic or the garlic will dry out.
- In a baking dish sized to fit all of your garlic heads, layer them in a single layer, without too much extra space (small ramekins are great for just a head or two.)
- Pour olive oil over each garlic head. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and black pepper. If using optional fresh thyme, sprinkle leaves over garlic heads.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Roast for 45 minutes.Remove foil and drizzle a little more olive oil. Return to oven and roast for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Take garlic out of baking dishes and serve with baguette slices, crackers, etc., or use in whichever culinary dish you'd like. *Once oil has cooled in baking dishes, strain and save for other recipes that you want to cook with this amazing garlic oil.
More Easy Recipes:
- Vegetarian mushroom gravy
- Amazing Garlic Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
- Best Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Grilled zucchini and quinoa salad
- garlic roast tomatoes
Here’s more fun garlic recipes to try out! If you make this recipe please share it with us on our social media channels like facebook and instagram! We love seeing hour delicious creations. Thanks so much friends and happy cooking in the kitchen with your family!