Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms
If you’re a mushroom lover you will really enjoy this easy air fryer mushrooms recipe with garlic. Overall, it’s a quick and easy way to cook air fried mushrooms in the air fryer without a lot of fuss. The clean up is easy and after just a few minutes of cooking, these air fried mushrooms come out perfect. The garlic flavors really highlight the earthy flavors of the mushrooms.
Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe
Garlic mushrooms are a great way to get mushroom haters into mushroom lovers. They’re the perfect side dish to any dinner, especially with a fantastic steak. In other words, we’re obsessed with air fried mushrooms and literally can make a dinner out of a big bowl of mushrooms!
Video: Best Air Fried Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
How to Cook Mushrooms in Air Fryer
- Choose whatever fresh mushrooms you like. Most people tend to use button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, portabella mushrooms, or oyster mushrooms. Cut them into bite sized pieces, usually halves or quarters. For larger mushrooms like portabellas, you might need to cut them up more.
- Lightly oil the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to air fryer basket.
- Air fry then shake and toss half way through cooking time.
- Finish air frying after shaking and enjoy the garlic mushrooms!
Can You Use Canned Mushrooms?
No. We don’t recommend air frying canned mushrooms for this recipe instead of fresh mushrooms. The canned mushrooms have too much liquid are already softened, so they will come out mushy when cooked in this recipe.
Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If doubling the recipe and cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is written based on not preheating the Air Fryer.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
Love a good steak? Here’s our–> Juicy Air Fryer Steak Recipe
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated video!
What are the Best Air Fryers?
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.