Stove Top Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup: 30 minute recipe
The soup of creamy garlic chicken and broccoli has always been a reader favorite. It takes less than 30 minutes, is warm, comforting, and so delicious.
Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe
First of all, it’s super easy to make and within 30 minutes you have a pot of creamy satisfying soup for the whole family. Second of all, it uses ingredients that are simple to have that’s in your pantry. While you’re staying at home during this quarantine period, you want simple and quick recipes that nourish and satisfy. This is a fantastic soup recipe that’s budget friendly. Finally, kids love this soup and it’s a great way for them to eat their veggies!
Video: Recipe for Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Soup Recipe with Broccoli
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Soup Recipe
Cooking steps are super simple and you can create a pot of wonderful soup in minutes.
- Saute lots of garlic and chicken in a pot. This will create a wonderful flavor when the chicken cooks with the garlic.
- Add the can of condensed cream of chicken soup base. Add water and stir.
- Next, add broccoli and additional seasonings.
- More recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Can you freeze this soup recipe?
Yes you can. But as the soup thaws, the cheese base in the soup might be curdled. The structure of the cheese changes after it’s been frozen and thawed. What you can do is lightly whisk the broth back to be a little smoother.
Here’s our Instant Pot Version of this soup :
Stovetop Creamy Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 pound (227 g) boneless chicken breasts , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 10.5 ounces (298 g) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (1 can)
- 2 cup (360 ml) water
- 2 cups (275 g) chopped broccoli (approximately) or more if desired
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the butter and when melted, stir in the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the chicken pieces then stir in the paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken lightly browned all over.
- Add the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Bring to a simmer and stir to remove all lumps of the condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, then stir in the broccoli. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Garnish with optional cheese and/or sour cream.
Check out our Skillet version with chicken breast! It’s definitely a reader favorite.
Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup
- Grilled Garlic Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese
- Low Carb Air Fryer Chicken Broccoli “Stir Fry”
- Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
- More cool chicken recipes we found online for ya. If you made this recipe please share in the comments below. This recipe was originally published in 2020 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.