Easy Mushroom Beef and Rice Recipe
A friend told us that mushroom beef and rice is one of her favorite easy weeknight dinners. She love making it for her kids because everyone in the family enjoyed it so much. So we created this awesome one pot recipe version and we totally understand why her kids love it so much! No matter how many times she makes mushroom beef and rice for dinner, her kids devour it like it’s no body’s business. She said although everyone loves it so much she feels guilty because it’s so easy to make. It doesn’t feel like she’s even cooking. Well we told her that no matter how simple this easy dinner recipe is, it still is cooking homemade! We want to make it fresh without using canned cream of mushroom soup. But you can certainly use it if you want to make prep quick and easier! It’s still a great home cooked meal no matter how easy mushroom beef and rice is to cook. Just because it’s quick and easy, doesn’t mean it’s not cooking.
Watch this amazing video of mushroom beef and rice recipe:
After making this, we can see why kids love this easy rice recipe so much. There’s so much flavor from the earthy mushrooms and ground beef, it’s hard to pass up a second bowl. And it’s all cooked in a creamy sauce so it’s like a mushroom and beef gravy! What’s there not to love about this flavorful mushroom and beef gravy over rice?! This mushroom and beef gravy combination is also wonderful onto of mashed potatoes or a baked potato. Goodness it’s so good over almost anything: including a big fluffy biscuit. Consider making this into a great biscuits and mushroom beef gravy breakfast to take it over the top!
Our popular–> Mushroom Recipes
Click Here for more—> One Pot or Skillet Recipes
Kids love pasta!—> More Pasta Recipes.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated video!
Have you tried beef sukiyaki yet? Here’s a great recipe.
Mushroom Beef & Rice
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 8 ounces (227 g) mushrooms , sliced (add more if you like!)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 small (1 small) onion , minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , or more to taste
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 3 cups (720 ml) cooked rice
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and onions. Cook until translucent. Add beef and mushrooms. Cook until beef and mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, heavy cream, worcestershire, dried herbs, sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined and cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice and enjoy!