A friend told us that mushroom beef and rice is one of her favorite easy weeknight dinners to make for her kids because everyone in the family enjoyed it so much. So we created this awesome one pot mushroom beef and rice and we totally understand why her kids love it so much!
Watch this amazing video of mushroom beef and rice recipe:
No matter how many times she makes mushroom beef and rice for dinner, her kids devour it like it’s no body’s business. She said although everyone loves it so much she feels guilty because it’s so easy to make that it doesn’t feel like she’s even cooking. Well we told her that no matter how simple this easy mushroom beef and rice recipe is, it still is cooking homemade! So we created our version of skillet mushroom beef and rice without using canned cream of mushroom soup ( although you can still use it if you want!) and it’s still a great home cooked meal no matter how easy mushroom beef and rice is to cook. Just because it’s quick and easy, doesn’t mean it’s not cooking.
After making this, we can see why kids love this recipe for mushroom and beef and rice so much. There’s so much flavor from the earthy mushrooms and ground beef, it’s hard to pass up a second bowl. And it’s all cooked in a creamy sauce so it’s like a mushroom and beef gravy! What’s there not to love about this flavorful mushroom and beef gravy over rice?! This mushroom and beef gravy combination is also wonderful onto of mashed potatoes or a baked potato. Goodness it’s so good over almost anything: including a big fluffy biscuit. Consider making this into a great biscuits and mushroom beef gravy breakfast to take it over the top!
Click here for More–> Mushroom Recipes
Click Here for more—> One Pot or Skillet Recipes
Click here for—> More Pasta Recipes.
Have you tried beef sukiyaki yet? Here’s a great recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms , sliced (add more if you like!)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 small onion , minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or more to taste
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and onions. Cook until translucent. Add beef and mushrooms. Cook until beef and mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, heavy cream, worcestershire, dried herbs, sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined and cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice and enjoy!