Moscow Mule Cocktail
When you see the copper mug, you know it’s a Moscow mule cocktail. This refreshing drink with vodka, spicy ginger beer and lime juice is a classic favorite all around the world.
Moscow Mule Cocktail Recipe
One of the best things about a Moscow Mule is how easy it is to make. This is one of those super easy cocktails to just eyeball and make to taste. Start with some ice, add the vodka, then fill it the rest of the way with ginger beer. Instead of measuring out lime juice, you can just squeeze a half of a lime into the cocktail instead of measuring. The traditional copper moscow mule mug is optional, but it just doen’t feel like the same without one. The refreshing chill coming through the copper mug.
Video: How to Make Moscow Mule Drink
Ginger Beer Note: Ginger Beer is not the same as gingerale (gingerale will work in a pinch). Don’t get them confused or else the drink won’t taste like a good Moscow Mule. Ginger beer is usually less sweet and has more of a ginger “bite” than gingerale. The strong ginger flavor is what gives this drink it’s classic flavors. Every brand of ginger beer will vary, so find the one that you like. Goslings Ginger Beer & Barritt’s Ginger Beer are common choices & a good starting point.
Moscow Mule History
Nearly every good cocktail has a great backstory and the Moscow Mule is no different. The history of this popular drink and the copper mug is quite interesting. It all started with a woman with a bunch of copper mugs and a bar. You can read about the AMAZING story of this cocktail here.
- 2 oz. (60 ml) Vodka
- 1/2 oz. (15 ml) fresh Lime Juice *see head note
- 4 oz. (120 ml) Ginger Beer (not the same as gingerale)
- Lime Wedge , for garnish
- Add ice to a copper mug *see headnote. Pour in the vodka and lime juice (or just squeeze in 1/2 a lime - add the spent lime shell into the mug after squeezing).
- Slowly pour in the ginger beer and gently stir. Garnish with a lime wedge if desired. Enjoy.
Other Great Cocktails & Cocktail Hour Recipes You’ll Love
- Classic Daiquiri Cocktail
- Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad Recipe
- Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail
- Click Here for –> More Cocktail and Drink Recipes
Here’s more great ginger beer cocktail recipe ideas.