Baked Hot n’ Creamy Crab Dip
When you’re in need of a great cheese dip recipe for Holidays, Superbowl or any gathering, you can’t go wrong by bringing a baked hot crab dip. It’s so good because it’s warm, cheesy and easily baked in the oven.
Best Hot Crab Dip Recipe
This baked hot crab dip recipe is so easy that you just might want to make a double batch: one for yourself and one for the rest of your guests. Don’t be surprised if you’ll be asked to bring this crab dip at every party. This cheesy baked crab dip recipe is hot n’ creamy, that’s loaded with shreds of crab meat and savory spices. Serve it with chips, crackers or vegetables and believe it or not, this crab dip also makes a great sandwich spread! All you need is some lettuce, tomato and a few cucumber slices and you’ve just made a fabulous crab dip sandwich that will rock your world.
Video: Hot ‘N Creamy Baked Crab Dip:
Best Crab for Crab Dip
Also, if you plan on using canned crab, you’ll see a big difference between brands. Some cans have very watery, mushy crab while other brands have more quality, chunky crab. So if want extra crab flavor, you might want to double the amount of crab if the brand is more watery. Or you can just use whole lump crab and you don’t have to worry about lack of flavor and chunks of crab meat! As always, if you want more cheesy flavor you can just add extra parmesan cheese or even add a small handful of sharp cheddar. It will be outstanding!
Baked Hot Crab Dip
- 6.5 ounces (184 g) lump crab meat * see headnote , drained if necessary
- 8 ounces (227 g) cream cheese (1 package) softened
- 1 Tablespoon (10 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium (0.5 medium) yellow or white onion , diced
- 4 (4 ) green onions , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (50 g) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 4 wedges fresh lemon
Serve dip with chips, crackers, bread or for Gluten Free serve with vegetables.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, all the onions, worcestershire, mayo, parmesan cheese and black pepper.Gently fold in lump crab meat until it's combined into the cheese mixture. Add the crab dip mixture into a medium casserole or baking dish.
- Bake crab dip for about 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Top with minced parsley.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, bread or vegetables. Add a side of lemon wedges if you want if anyone wants to squeeze fresh juice on their serving.
You can Never Have too Many Great Dip Recipes:
- Greatest Cheesy Dip Ever-Baked Parmesan Onion Dip
- Beef Nacho Cheese Dip
- Baked Jalapeño Cheddar Dip
- Stove Top Cheesy Corn Dip Recipe
- More Dip Recipe Here
- Awesome Appetizer Recipes
- More great hot n’cheesy dip recipes
- Click Here for —> Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe
This recipe was originally published in Jan. 2015 and re-published in Dec. 2020 with a new video! Enjoy!