When you’re in need of a great cheese dip recipe for Superbowl or any gathering, you can’t go wrong by bringing a hot crab dip that’s warm, cheesy and baked in the oven. This baked hot crab dip recipe is so easy that you just might want to make a double batch: one for yourself and one for the rest of your guests. Don’t be surprised if you’ll be asked to bring this crab dip at every party. This cheesy baked crab dip recipe is hot n’ creamy, that’s loaded with shreds of crab meat and savory spices. Serve it with chips, crackers or vegetables and believe it or not, this crab dip also makes a great sandwich spread! All you need is some lettuce, tomato and a few cucumber slices and you’ve just made a fabulous crab dip sandwich that will rock your world. Also, if you plan on using canned crab, you’ll see a big difference between brands. Some cans have very watery, mushy crab while other brands have more quality, chunky crab. So if want extra crab flavor, you might want to double the amount of crab if the brand is more watery. Or you can just use whole lump crab and you don’t have to worry about lack of flavor and chunks of crab meat! As always, if you want more cheesy flavor you can just add extra parmesan cheese or even add a small handful of sharp cheddar. It will be outstanding! More Dip Recipe Here, Awesome Appetizer Recipes Here more great hot n’cheesy dip recipes.
Watch the video for making the Hot ‘N Creamy Baked Crab Dip:
Click Here for —> Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe
This recipe was originally published in Jan. 2015 and re-published in Dec. 2017 with a new video! Enjoy!
The quality of the crab meat makes all the difference for the flavor. Some canned crab is really mushy, while others have big chunks of crab. If you're using canned crab that's watery, you should consider adding double the crab for more flavor. Even if you have a good crab meat that isn't watery, but love a prominent crab taste, add as much crab to the recipe as you'd like. Please read recipe post for more recipe details and photos.
- 6.5 ounces lump crab meat * see headnote , drained if necessary
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package) softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium onion , diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 green onions , chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, worcestershire, mayo, parmesan cheese, black pepper and green onions.
- Gently fold in lump crab meat until it's combined into the cheese mixture.
- Add the crab dip mixture into a medium casserole or baking dish.
- Bake crab dip for about 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, bread or vegetables.