Microwave Sausage and Vegetable Egg Scramble
Keto and low carb microwave sausage egg scramble with vegetables is a great way to enjoy a wholesome breakfast. Within minutes this low carb meal is perfect for busy mornings
Microwave Sausage Egg Scramble with Veggies
Want to make a hearty low carb breakfast in minutes? You have to try our easy microwave breakfast recipe. Yes, you can totally make sausage and egg scramble in a bowl and cooked in the microwave! The flavors and textures are fantastic. It’s mind blowing how delicious this simple technique is and within minutes, you can have a delicious breakfast. Best of all, clean up is super easy. Less dishes means that morning meals can be simple and tasty.
How to Microwave Sausage Egg Scramble with Veggies (Tips)
- To make sure the raw sausage is cooked, just crumble the sausage into small pieces or thin pieces. This will ensure that the sausage cooks all the way through. Don’t use big thick chunks of sausage.
- We have onions and bell peppers for the veggies. But you can add what ever you want: cooked spinach, green onions, broccoli.
- Add seasonings to bring out the flavors. Use some lemon pepper, dried herbs or what ever your favorite egg spices are.
- Make this into a breakfast burrito! After the sausage egg and veggie scramble is cooked, warm up a tortilla in a microwave for about 15 seconds. Then add the scramble in the tortilla, roll it into a burritos or taco. Add extra cheese if you want! Then microwave for about another 30 seconds until it’s all warmed. YUM!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Microwave Sausage and Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
- 2 ounces (57 g) uncooked bulk breakfast sausage meat (2-3 Tablespoons), or uncooked sausage of choice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) small diced bell peppers
- 2 eggs
- Salt , to taste
- Pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated cheese
- Break the sausage up into crumbles. In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the sausage, onion and bell peppers.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid or plate. Microwave on High for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Beat together the egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage mixture.
- Cover and Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir the egg mixture.
- Cover again and Microwave on High for another 30 seconds. Stir the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover and continue microwaving for 15 second intervals or until cooked to your preference.
- 600-800w – Lower Wattage Microwaves: More time often needed
- 900-1100w – Average Wattage Microwaves
- 1200-1300w – High Wattage Microwaves: Less time often needed
- Microwave safe glass (particularly borosilicate glass) & ceramic containers are the recommended choice. *Do not use cracked or otherwise damaged containers.
- Microwave safe plastic containers are considered safe by the FDA but many health organizations caution against using them.
- Never use plastics (containers, bags, wrap, etc.) that are not labeled microwave safe. Never use styrofoam, metal, or aluminum foil.
- Lids – microwave safe glass, ceramic or silicone is best. A microwave safe plate works great as a lid. Parchment paper, wax paper, or paper towels work fine, but may not hold the steam in as much (many recipes benefits from the steam retention). Microwave safe plastic lids are considered acceptable. Usually we prefer to use a lid from glass, ceramic, or silicone and just use the microwave safe plastic lids that come with the containers for storing.
All our amazing Microwave Recipes are here. There’s plenty of delicious recipes to choose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s mind blowing at how easy recipes in the microwave can start with fresh raw ingredients.