If you love a good messy, juicy sandwich then you’re probably a fan of a great sloppy joe. This is one of the best sloppy joe recipes we’ve been able to finalize over the past few weeks. After much testing and tasting, we’ve found the right balance of sweet, tangy and juicy ground beef sloppy joes. Best of all, we’re making it all in our favorite pressure cooker, the Instant Pot. If you’ve already noticed our collection of delicious Instant Pot recipes then you’ll know why we’re such huge fans of this great pressure cooker. But it’s also great in a slow cooker as well if you’re wanting to make a slow cooker sloppy joe. There’s a lot of flexibility with this soppy joe recipe and how you cook it. It all turns out great, full of flavor and be ready to have the napkins ready because it can be super messy if you add extra meat! There’s so many different types of bread that you can eat with it too besides the toasted burger bun. Baguette, hoagie roll or slider rolls are all great options. How ever you decide to make this delicious recipe for sloppy joe and what ever bread you choose, it’ll be delicious! Click here for more –> Instant Pot Recipes and Beef Recipes Here
Watch our Delicious Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
Our Favorite Cookers:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Click Here for our –> Popular Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast Recipe with Veggies and Gravy
CLICK HERE FOR OUR AMAZING –> INSTANT POT TENDER POT ROAST RECIPE
CLICK HERE FOR POPULAR —> HEALTHY CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
CLICK HERE FOR OUR DELICIOUS —-> CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
CLICK HERE FOR OUR FABULOUS —> CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic , minced
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard or dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 8 burger buns , warmed or toasted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , optional
- Pickles , optional
- Turn Instant Pot on "Sauté”. Add oil. Sauté onions and garlic until soft and fragrant. Add beef. Cook beef mixture for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add ketchup, tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Give the mixture a good stir.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 10 minutes . (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot: Press "Cancel" to stop the "Sauté" setting. Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 10 minutes.)
- After the cooking time is complete, press "Cancel" and carefully release the pressure.
- Serve the beef mixture between the bread and add your optional favorite toppings like cheese or pickles.
- In slow cooker add all the sloppy joe ingredients except for the olive oil (ground beef, onion, garlic, ketchup, tomato sauce, mustard, worcestershire, salt and pepper). Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well.
- Cover and cook the mixture on low for 7 hours or about 4 hours on high. After cooked, give the sloppy joe mixture a good stir. Serve the sloppy joe mixture between the bread and add your optional favorite toppings like cheese or pickles.