Instant Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy
Our Instant Pot Pork Roast recipe is super easy and delicious ! If you’ve never cooked a pork roast recipe in a pressure cooker before, you’re in for a treat. It’s a reader favorite Instant Pot recipe. Here’s our complete list of all our popular–> pork recipes.
Easy Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast Recipe
We love cooking with our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and the results are fantastic! You can achieve the same results in the slow cooker. But if you need a quick pork loin dinner, the Instant Pot is the best! Cooking roast pork loin is so easy. All you need to have is all your ingredients ready and add it all to the cookers, press a few buttons and you have a wonderful dinner for the whole family.
How to make Roast Pork Loin in Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- This Instant Pot pork roast is super juicy, tender and flavorful. Theres so many great features in cooking with our pressure cooker but two features really stand out in this recipe.
- SEAR: First of all, we can sear the pork on the Saute function in the Instant pot. This really helps make the pork loin roast extra juicy by sealing in the flavor and juices.
- SIZE MATTERS: Secondly, we absolutely love how quick it is to cook this pork roast! Depending on the size of the roast, we used about 2 pounds, the pork cooked in about 30 minutes. For us that timing always resulted in a delicious and juicy meal. Some slow cookers have a searing function as well, which is an added plus!
- Cut veggies to about equal sizes for even cooking. Don’t cut carrots or potatoes (root vegetables) too large. These take a little longer to cook, so cutting them in smaller, bite sized pieces is better.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Video: Instant Pot Pork Roast Recipe:
You can certainly use a slow cooker too and if it has a sear or saute function like the Instant Pot has, then even better! Hope you enjoy our instant pot pork roast recipe and share with us on Instagram!
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-publihsed in 2020 with updated photos.
Instant Pot Roast Pork
- 2 pounds (907 g) pork loin roast
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 medium carrots , chopped
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) broth or apple juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) herbs of choice- dried or fresh (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme etc…)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) corn starch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Turn Instant Pot on “Sauté”, and add butter and melt. Add the pork loin and sear the sides of the pork loin to a nice golden brown. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, broth or apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and herbs.
- Close the lid, set to high pressure, and after the pressure cooker reaches full pressure, cook for about 30 minutes *depending on size & preferred doneness. (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot: Press “Cancel” to stop the “Sauté” setting. Press the “Manual” button. Set the time to 30 minutes.)
- After the cooking time is complete, press “Cancel” and carefully release the pressure. If possible, check the internal temperature of the pork loin (it should be about 145°F).
- Remove the pork loin from the Instant Pot (keep the juices the Instant Pot), cover and allow the pork loin to rest for about 10 minutes, depending on how large your loin roast is and how well done you like it.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water. Add to the Instant Pot with the juices. Turn Instant Pot on “Sauté” and simmer until thickened. Taste seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
Best Instant Pot Pork Roast Recipe and Cookers for Delicious Dinners! :
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
More Easy Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Recipes:
- Devour our amazing –> Instant Pot Tender Pot Roast Recipe
- Click Here for Popular —> Healthy Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Try our delicious —-> Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Here is our fabulous —> Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe
Hope you enjoy our pressure cooker pork roast recipe! Here’ a great pulled pork recipe.