Hash Brown Breakfast casseroles are so great because they can feed a crowd and you can add so many different ingredients to make it delicious and hearty. Best of all, you can prep and prepare everything the day ahead and all you need to do is to cook it in the oven and you have a wonderful and satisfying baked breakfast casserole.
Easy Breakfast Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Also, you can have all the ingredients mixed together and poured into the baking dish, ready-to-go into the oven the next morning. Our hash brown breakfast casserole recipe is filled with lots of delicious ingredients: hash browns, sausage, bacon, veggies and cheese. You can add what ever you like and this recipe for our easy breakfast casserole can be made vegetarian. Just remove the meat and add extra vegetables of choice because it’s still delicious without the meat. Why we love this hearty breakfast so much is because it’s a delicious way to feed a crowd and everyone loves all the breakfast flavors that you normally crave in the morning all in one bite.
Christmas morning is a favorite time of year to make this hash brown bake. Waking up on Christmas morning to this hearty breakfast will definitely keep everyone warm and satisfied. If you’re serving vegetarians, you can totally remove the bacon and sausage. Without the bacon and sausage it’s still a super delicious hash brown casserole because even vegetarians will it! So many options for all types of lifestyles. Finally, add a stack of these beautiful fluffy pumpkin pancakes to your morning feast!
Video: Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Recipe:
Click Here for –> awesome Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
These are our famous Low-Carb Cloud Eggs Recipe
This recipe was originally published in 2015 and re-published in 2018 with a new video!
You can prep this the day ahead. All you need to do is to give it a good stir again in the morning before you put it in the oven. If you have an oven safe skillet you can prep and bake everything in the skillet for a one pot casserole. Our favorite pan to use is a large cast iron skillet.
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper , or to taste
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar Cheese , divided (about 3 cups)
- 3 slices Bacon , cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 pound uncooked Sausage , removed from casings if needed
- 1 small Onion , chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced
- 20 ounce package Hash Browns
- 1 Red Bell Pepper , diced
- (optional toppings) chopped green onions or chopped parsley
- Heat oven 375° F. Grease 9"x13" baking dish *see head note (skip this if cooking in an oven-safe skillet) and set aside.
- In large bowl beat the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper together. Add 2.5 cups of the cheese and stir until everything is combined (remaining 1/2 cup of cheese is for topping). Set aside.
Heat pan on medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned. Add onions and garlic, cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked, about 5 minutes. Break apart sausage into small chunks as you cook it.
- After sausage is browned, add the hash browns and red bell peppers. Cook mixture for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly brown.
- Combine the sausage/potato mixture and the egg mixture mix together. Pour mixture into baking dish *unless using oven-safe skillet-see head note. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for about another 25 minutes or until casserole is cooked through and cheese is melted. If the casserole is not cooked through all the way, give it a gentle stir and bake un-covered for another 10 minutes.
- Add optional green onion or minced parsley topping.