An easy fudge recipe should truly be simple but it must also be creamy and delicious. Our super easy fudge really hits the nail on the head for a great batch that everyone will love. It’s creamy and loaded with chocolate flavor even without the dried fruit and nuts. So if you’re a fan of chocolate fudge without all the fuss, then this recipe can easily be made without the nuts the fruits. If you love just simple, rich flavored chocolate fudge, then you’ve just simplified this easy recipe even more.
It’s so easy! Watch the video to see:
We really enjoyed this fudge with the dried fruit and nuts. Toasting the nuts really brings out a great flavor and aroma to the fudge. The bright flavors of the dried fruit and their chewy bite add another great dimension to this chocolatey fudge. Each bite had so many wonderful flavors and textures that it was really hard to just eat one.
What also makes our fudge so great is the light sprinkle of sea salt on top. The contrast between the sweet chocolate and salty layer of flavor makes each bite more delicious and fabulous. But if you don’t like salt, it’s still great without it!
This easy fudge recipe almost makes the perfect gift. You can wrap up a big square and whom ever receives the fudge can cut their own bite sized pieces. Or you can cut them into bite sized pieces and wrap them individually like little candies. Everyone loves fudge and what better way to give them as gifts, especially for the holiday! These make the perfect little homemade Christmas goodies to your friends, family and everyone at work. Put a pretty bow on it and you have wonderful fudge presents made from your very own kitchen!
Make sure to be careful and not over-microwave the chocolate chips or else they will be too hard.
- 3 cups (18 ounces or 510g) Chocolate Chips
- 1 can (14 oz - 397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup (120ml) dried fruit, such as dried cherries, apricots, raisins, etc. (optional)
- sea salt (optional)
- Grease 8x8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on High in 30 second intervals or until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir to make sure everything is combined because the chocolate chips will continue to melt as you stir.
- Add the nuts and optional dried fruit to the chocolate and stir to combine the mixture.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the baking pan and lightly press to evenly flatten the fudge and to press into the edges of pan to make sure chocolate fills the corners. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Chill the fudge for about 2-3 hours or until the fudge is cooled and solid enough to be removed from the pan. Once the fudge is cooled, remove from the pan and cut into bite sized pieces.