Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup (or Chicken)
If you have leftover turkey, you’ll enjoy our turkey vegetable soup recipe. It’s a creamy turkey vegetable soup that uses lots of vegetables and fresh ingredients for a hearty bowl of warm goodness. The flavor is fantastic and not too rich.
Easy Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
Our turkey soup is a perfect balance of cooked turkey, vegetables and light splash of cream. Our recipe for creamy turkey soup is perfect as a full meal when you serve it with a slice of bread or side salad. There’s so much goodness to it that you’ll want to share it with everyone. Do you have extra leftover Thanksgiving turkey? If so, then this soup recipe is a perfect leftover Thanksgiving turkey soup recipe.
Video: Best Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
How to Make Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
Using heavy whipping cream will give a richer soup base and whole milk is a lighter option. To make this soup healthier, use low fat milk. The low fat milk still adds a light creamy body to the soup without all the calories. But if you want to make this a easy healthy turkey vegetable soup, you don’t need to add cream or milk. This soup is just as delicious without the cream so there’s always a different option to making this soup healthy. You can also use other milk substitutes like soy milk or almond milk, etc.. The flavors will take-on the milk base and will be different but just as yummy.
Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 8 oz. (227 g) cooked turkey meat , shredded into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced or crushed
- 4 oz. (113 g) mushrooms , sliced
- 1 large (1 large) carrot , sliced
- 2 stalks (2 stalks) celery , chopped
- 1 medium (1 medium) potato , peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried oregano
- 4 cups (940 ml) chicken broth , or turkey broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cream or milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) minced parsley
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and then add oil. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, carrots, celery, and potatoes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked turkey pieces, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. Stir and cook until mushrooms become soft.
- Whisk cornstarch into the cream or milk. Then add the broth and the cream/milk mixture into the soup. Stir and bring to soup to boil to allow the soup to thicken, then immediately lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer soup for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked, soup is thicker and the flavors are combined. Stir in minced parsley and add additional salt to taste.
Need Great Soup Recipes:
- Healthy Turkey Soup Recipe with Kale – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
- Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Stove Top Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup: 30 minute recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup
- You’ll love all our–> Easy Soup Recipes
Check out more of our–> Awesome Turkey Recipes
Here’s a healthy Thai chicken soup that’s super delicious and easy to make.