Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
Always fresh and full of flavor, this air fryer shrimp recipe is fantastic! Seriously, this 15 minute air fried shrimp is too easy to pass up.
Easy Air Fryer Shrimp
If you love shrimp like we do, it’s easy to want to make this several times a week. The air fried shrimp comes out tender with a wonderful bite. The garlic and lemon flavors shine. Serve the shrimp on a salad, tacos, quinoa or with anything you want. It’s so good for everyday and cooks in about 15 minutes. This low carb shrimp is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to put dinner together quick.
Video: Garlic Shrimp in Air Fryer
Tips for Air Fryer Shrimp:
- Shrimp varies so much in size. Some are really small and then there’s the jumbo shrimp. Our time and temp is for medium size shrimp. So start with the base timing we have and adjust accordingly.
- If you’re cooking larger jumbo or tiger shrimp, add about 2 more minutes of cooking time. Check the shrimp then add additional cooking time until it’s cooked to your liking.
- This timing is for peeled shrimp. If you’re cooking with shells-on, add about another 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
- Add your favorite seasonings to this air fried shrimp. This recipe is a base recipe and you can add additional seasonings and salts to make this recipe special.
Healthy Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
This recipe for air fryer shrimp is really low carb and healthy. For the air fryer, you hardly have to use any oil. A little bit of olive oil spray is all you need for crispy shrimp. Don’t cook it too long or it can get dry. But if you like your shrimp a little more juicy, then drizzle with a little more oil before you cook. This will help the shrimp be more moist and less dry.
Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fried Recipes
What are the Best Air Fryers?
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp with Lemon
- 1 pound (454 g) raw shrimp , peeled de-veined,
- Vegetable oil or spray , to coat shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- lemon wedges
- minced parsley and/or chili flakes (optional)
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Add shrimp to air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400°F for about 10-14 minutes, gently shaking and flipping halfway, depending on size of shrimp.
- Transfer shrimp to bowl, squeeze lemon juice on top. Sprinkle parsley and/or chili flakes and serve hot.
FRUSTRATED WITH STUCK FOOD? USE NON-STICK SILICONE LINERS
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.