Watch the video making the BBQ Chicken Meatballs:
Enjoyed as an appetizer or main meal, this chicken meatballs recipe is always a dinner party favorite. Made with ground chicken breast (to make it healthy) or ground thigh chicken, this meatball recipe is spiced with smoked paprika and chili powder for that extra punch of flavor. Adding your favorite bbq sauce and simmering the meatballs in the sauce is what makes them extra juicy and flavorful.
Juicy and amazing chicken meatballs!
Simply serve these chicken meatballs with tooth pics as an easily served appetizer or add them to a sandwich for a great chicken meatball sandwich. Though the bbq sauce can be rather rich, you can serve the meatballs on top of pasta as well. Just make sure to add some green veggies in the pasta to add more texture and to make it healthier!
Smoky BBQ Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Yield: About 16 meatballs
Total Time: 30 min
Read post for recipe details
- 1 pound (455g) ground chicken
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) chili powder or chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) bbq sauce
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- Make the chicken meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix together well so that all ingredients are combined.
- If needed, coat your clean hands with water or oil so meatballs don't stick to your hands. Roll about 1-2 Tablespoons of meatball mixture into a ball. Repeat for all of the meatball mixture. Chill the balls for about 15 minutes in fridge if you need to make them more firm.
- In large pan over medium-high heat add oil. Add meatballs and brown them on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Remove meatballs and set aside.
- In same pan, add minced onion and cook until translucent. Add meatballs back into the pan then add bbq sauce. If sauce is too thick, add about 1/2 cup of water or until it becomes the consistency that you like.
- After sauce begins to simmer, lower heat, cover pan and gently simmer meatballs in bbq sauce for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are completely cooked.
- Serve warm as appetizers or in a sandwich.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission and do not re-publish this recipe. Simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.