Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Why do we think our recipe for chocolate chip banana bread is the best? Because our recipe uses the ripest and most ugly bananas! And what comes out fo the oven is the most chocolatey, melty and amazing dessert. Our kitchen staff thinks we should go into business selling these loaves of banana bread because it’s that good! The amazing aroma and sweet flavors can’t be beat. One slice of this with some milk or coffee is out of this world! It’s quite rich too because of the chocolate chips, so you don’t need to eat too much to be satisfied. It’s the perfect banana bread loaf to share with family, friends and co-workers. Make sure to be ready to make a double batch because it’s that amazing and everyone will be asking for more. Or you can always send them to this website’s recipe and they can make it themselves. LOL. If you have a bunch of bananas getting super ripe, make several batches and then freeze the extra banana bread loaves. Wrapped up well, they freeze and thaw beautifully.
Video: Recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
How to Make Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Like we mentioned above, the secret to why our recipe for chocolate chip banana bread is so amazing: super ripe bananas! Seriously, the riper, the uglier, the better. When the bananas are super ripe, the flavor is outstanding and that’s what makes this loaf come alive. When bananas get bruised and beat-up, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re ripe. They’re just beat up on the outside. So make sure to let them sit on the counter to where you can smell them and with brown spots. That’s when you know that the bananas are truly ripe. Follow our step by step photos below. All the recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cups (160 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Kosher salt
- 1 cup (200 g) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (114 g) unsalted Butter , (1 stick) softened
- 3 (3 ) ripe Bananas (@1 1/2 cups)
- 2 (2 ) Eggs , beaten
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (180 g) Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease or spray with cooking spray a 4.5"x8.5" loaf pan. For easier removal of the loaf, line the bottom of the loaf pan with parchment paper and then lightly grease or spray the parchment.
- Sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, at least a couple minutes - see note below recipe. Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Stir flour mixture and chocolate chips into the banana mixture until just combined (for best texture we will stir in by hand just until no white streaks of flour remain). Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (chocolate on the toothpick doesn't count). The house should be filled with the scent of fresh banana bread.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan. Loosen the edges, then lift out of the pan (if using parchment) or loosen the bottom and pop out.
- The butter and sugar wasn't creamed together well enough. It doesn't happen often to us when we use a stand mixer, but sometimes when using a hand mixer, the butter and sugar aren't creamed together enough. The batter then won't be aerated enough, making it too dense and not allowing it to bake all the way through the center.
- Your oven it too hot. Especially older ovens will fall out of calibration. Use an oven temperature gauge to see if your oven is baking at the correct temperature.
More of our–> Easy Dessert Recipes Here
Here more easy dessert recipes to try out. Let us know how you like our banana bread because we’re in love with it so much!