HERE’S ALL OUR —-> BEST AIR FRYER RECIPES
BUY OUR –> AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE!
Air Fryer Easy Bagels Recipe
If you love bagels, you’re going to love this easy bagels recipe in the air fryer! It only takes 3 basic ingredients to make a batch of these super delicious yogurt-based bagels. Yes, that’s right these bagels use greek yogurt as the base. It’s amazing to bite into one and taste the wonderful flavors of yogurt in a bagel. Best of all, they’re bagels made in the air fryer and they’re super easy to make! There’ really no secret to these bagels. You just need to decide if you want to decide to add any optional seeds or toppings. After that, you’re ready to devour the best easy bagels made in the air fryer.
Video: Easy 3 ingredient Bagels in Air Fryer
How to Make Air Fryer Bagels with Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
Add greek yogurt and self rising flour to bowl. Mix until everything combines. Add to lightly floured surface. Lightly knead for about 30 seconds.
Shape dough into a ball and cut into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Flour your finger and poke a hole through the dough ball. Stretch the center of the hole and create a bagel shape.
Brush with egg and if desired, add your seed toppings. More details on time and temp in the recipe box below.
Toppings for Air Fried Bagels Recipe
There’s so many options for the top of these air fryer bagels. The bagel variety possibilities are endless. Here’s some ideas:
- Everything bagel seasonings
- Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion or other seeded spices
- Cheddar cheese, asiago, parmesan or other cheeses
- Sliced pickled jalapeños
- Cinnamon Sugar or cinnamon raisin
- Sun dried tomato
Here’s our Oven Baked Bagel Recipe. Still super simple and delish!
BUY OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook.
Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes
Check out our delicious–> Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
- Air Fryer Spicy Cauliflower
- What is Air Frying? A Guide to Eating Healthier
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Tidylife 4.2 qt. Digital Air Fryer – We have been super pleased with the TidyLife Air Fryer. Texture for several dishes came out noticeably better than many other brands. This one tends to cook a little hotter and quicker.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is great for cleaning up.
Good Larger Air Fryers
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
GoWise 5.8 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Another good larger air fryer. All the things we loved about the Tiluxury 5.8 qt, we love about this one too. Great size for families. Non-stick basket. Has a nice cooking range (180°F-400°F).
We’re super pleased with both this one and the Tiluxury. Choosing between the two is mostly up to which you like the look better.
SOFT DOUGH: Be prepared to work with soft dough and be patient while molding the dough to shape. If dough is too soft, add a little more flour. If too dry, add a little more yogurt. Try not to over knead the dough or else it will make the bagels tough. It is better to have it a little more rustic looking and tender bagel than a perfectly smooth and tough bagel.
FLOURS: This recipe can easily be doubled and uses self rising flour, which has baking powder and salt already. If using all-purpose flour, you must mix about 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the flour prior to mixing with the yogurt.
- 1 cup plain, thick non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup self rising flour , *if using all purpose flour, see note above.
- 1 large egg , beaten * read note
- (optional) bagel toppings: Sesame seeds, pre-mixed bagel seasonings, poppy seeds, cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños.
- If there’s liquid on top of the yogurt drain it before you measure it out. Combine yogurt and flour until all the flour is mixed into the yogurt and dough forms a ball.
- Lightly flour a cutting board. Knead the dough for about 30 seconds. Cut the dough into 4 equal parts. If dough is sticky lightly flour your hands. Don’t add too much flour or the dough will become tough.
- Roll each dough piece into a ball. Lightly flour your finger, then poke it in the center of the dough ball to create a hole.
- Gently stretch out the center hole to be about 1” wide opening and shape the the dough into a bagel shape.
- Brush egg over the bagels. If adding seeds, sprinkle seeds or seasonings on top of bagels.
- Gently place bagels in your air fryer, leaving enough room between the bagels for the to expand. Don’t crowd the basket or rack. Cook the bagels in batches.
- Spray air fryer basket or tray with oil to make sure bagel doesn’t stick while cooking (you can also use air fryer parchment sheets).
Air Fry at 330°F for about 10-14 minutes, or until bagels are golden and cooked in the center.
- Serve with cream cheese or make an awesome bagel sandwich out of it.
- We prefer the Stonyfield non-fat greek yogurt and Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt. If you want to use whole milk yogurt, the Chobani whole milk greek yogurt is also thick and easy to work with.
- These bagels have a wonderful yogurt taste so don’t be surprise if there’s a slight sour taste to the bagels.
- The egg wash is optional and for folks who can’t eat eggs feel free to leave it out. But if you can eat eggs, they add a great chewy and crisp, brown texture to the bagels. They also help the seeds to stick to the top of the bagels.
- Read the recipe write up for all the different bagel topping ideas.