Everyone loves our broccoli salad recipe because it’s not just any ordinary broccoli salad. What we did was roast the broccoli first, which gives a fantastic flavor and texture. Most recipes for broccoli salad uses raw broccoli. We love raw broccoli too, but not everyone likes the flavor of it. So when we made this version by roasting the broccoli first, it was a big hit!
The tender texture and crispy roasted edges of the broccoli makes our broccoli salad amazing! Everyone who has tasted it agrees that they love it even better than eating raw broccoli. Our recipe for the dressing is tangy, sweet and delicious. The different crunchy textures for come from chopped walnuts or any nuts that you want. Use a combination of pecans, cashews, peanuts or even macadamia nuts. You can even use a variety of dried fruit to make this salad over the top delicious.
Video of our amazing Roasted Broccoli Salad Recipe:
It’s the best salad to bring to a party, game day or Super Bowl party. You might have to make a double to even triple batch because it’s so good. The salty crunch of the bacon really makes it exceptional and it’ll be one of your favorite cold broccoli salad recipes!
Roasted Broccoli Salad
Yield: Serves 4
Total Time: 1 hour
A great healthy salad that's perfect for everyday life or to bring to a party, game day or Super Bowl party. See post for additional recipe details and video making the broccoli salad.
For the salad:
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- about 3 Tablespoons olive oil, for coating
- 3-4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked & cut into bite sized pieces (omit to make this salad vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) minced red onion
- 1/2 cup (120ml) golden raisins (or any combination of your favorite dried fruit cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped cashews (or any combination of your favorite nuts)
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs, like thyme, basil, dill (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the dressing: In medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients (mayo, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar,Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, pepper, salt, and optional herbs). Set aside.
- Add broccoli pieces in large bowl. Toss with olive oil to evenly coat the broccoli pieces. (Our preferred method is to add half the oil first, toss with the broccoli, then add the rest of the oil and toss again).
- Transfer broccoli to the lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 35 minutes, depending on the size of the broccoli pieces. Toss the broccoli at least once during baking.
- Once broccoli is roasted, remove from oven and allow to completely cool. After broccoli is completely cool, add to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.