When we make a batch of our chicken fajitas recipe, there’s so many options on how to eat them. One favorite ways is to eat them are in tacos with flour tortillas or corn tortillas. When we’re craving a healthy chicken dinner, we’ll opt out of the chicken tacos and serve the chicken fajitas on a bed of lettuce. A refreshing pile of lettuce, fajitas with chicken and fresh tomato salsa makes a wonderful chicken fajita salad. The recipe for the chicken fajitas are so flavorful already that you might not even need a salad dressing. But if you still crave more flavor, you can drizzle as much of this cumin lime dressing as you want!
This chicken fajita salad recipe is gluten free and can be healthy with chicken breast or if you want more flavor, cook this fajitas recipe with chicken thigh or leg meat. The cumin lime dressing is wonderfully refreshing and compliments the fajita salad perfectly. The dressing is made with a combination of spices and will keep in fridge for up to 1 week. But the recipe for the salad dressing is rather just enough for a batch of the chicken fajitas, so you might not have any left over.
Cumin lime dressing for the Chicken Fajita Salad
Chicken Fajitas Salad Recipe
Yield: Serves 3-4
Total Time: 20 min
Get the original Chicken Fajitas recipe here. Read the post for more recipe details.
For the Cumin Lime Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil or healthy grape seed oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1" knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
For the salad:
- Make the dressing: In bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk together well, then set aside .
- Make and cook the Chicken Fajitas meat mixture.
- Allow the chicken fajitas to cool completely.
- When serving, toss fresh lettuce with cumin lime dressing. Add salad to plate and top off with chicken fajitas and fresh tomato salsa.