Santa loves chocolate peppermint mousse! Forget the cookies, he gets cookies all the time. Why not leave him something that’s creamy, chocolatey and delicious with a touch of peppermint flavor? He’ll be glad you whipped this chocolate mousse up because they’re different and tasty for the holidays. Make sure to make some extra for everyone else too because they’ll love this just as much as Santa. Anyone who loves chocolate mousse will be amazed at how easy this chocolate mousse is to make. Within just a few minutes you have a big batch of creamy, rich chocolate mousse that just needs some chill time. After that, it’s the perfect chocolate dessert recipe.
Video of Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Recipe:
How to Make Holiday Peppermint Chocolate Mousse
Sure, there’s the extra peppermint flavor and peppermint candy on top, but if you don’t like peppermint, this easy chocolate mousse recipe is equally delicious. And it’s even easier to make. We understand not everyone likes to eat peppermint, so we’ve tested the recipe without the peppermint extract and it’s jus as delicious.
Instead of candy canes, you can sprinkle other toppings like fresh fruit, sprinkles or anything you want. But seriously, even without all the fuss of sprinkles, this creamy chocolate mousse is great on it’s own. You don’t have to make it fancy, just make it! It’s truly super easy, you’ll be blown away at how easy and creamy this dessert can be.
This fantastic chocolate mouse is the perfect Christmas dessert for parties. You can easily make this batch the day before. Just gather all your little dishes, or small plastic cups. Fill them with the chocolate mousse and what you have is a great chocolate dessert for a large group. We’ve made them 2 days ahead of time before and they still taste fantastic! A few fresh berries on top also make a delicious and beautiful topping.
More Dessert Recipes and Holiday Recipes.
See the post above for more recipe details and to watch the video making the chocolate peppermint mousse.
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces or 255g) chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml or 180g) whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- (optional) crushed peppermint candy or candy canes, for topping
Combine the chocolate chips, butter and milk in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the morsels are melted. Keep stirring to help melt the morsels and if needed, and keep microwaving for additional 15 second intervals to melt the chocolate, but don’t overheat the chocolate. Let the chocolate cool to somewhere around luke warm to room temperature.
- Add whipped topping and peppermint extract and continue to fold and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is combined and smooth. Spoon chocolate mousse into individual serving dishes, about 1/2 cup per person.
- Refrigerate the chocolate mousse for about 1 hour or until chocolate mousse is set. Add crushed peppermint candy or candy canes on top before serving.