These no bake chocolate bars are incredible! If you love dark chocolate and peanut butter, then this no bake bar recipe is for you! How about a touch of sea salt to bring out all the flavors? This recipe for no bake dark chocolate peanut butter bars are for every single party, bbq, gathering or occasion to share with your friends and family. Everyone loves chocolate and peanut butter combined into a fantastic dessert. These are the perfect finger dessert that doesn’t need much preparation or time. Each rich delicious bite speaks for itself.
Video of these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars:
mmmm……. these are so delicious
Sometimes you need to make a dessert but don’t want to turn on the oven and heat up the house. Well, with these chocolate dessert bars, there’s no need to turn on the oven because these awesome dark chocolate peanut butters just need to be chilled in the fridge for about 1 hour. Add what ever crushed or chopped nuts on top that you like. The possibilities are endless for the toppings. The dark chocolate and peanut butter combination is always a favorite and with the addition of some sea salt on top, it’s a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy!
Just remember to chill them long enough for everything to set. This makes it easier to cut the bars when the chocolate and peanut butter layers are chilled through. You’ll want to dive into the bars right away, but patience is virtue. When all the bars are chilled, you’ll appreciate every single bite.
For storage, these bars will last up to a week in the fridge. You can make these ahead of time for parties or gatherings and all you need to do is to take them out of fridge and bring them to room temperature before serving.
No Bake Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
Yield: 12-16 bars
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Easy as 1-2-3, these bars can be adjusted to taste. Add a few more chocolate chips in the graham cracker base if you like or extra sea salt for that blast of flavor or more chocolate chips in the chocolate topping if you want a firmer topping. Refer to the written post for the fun video.
- 1/2 cup (115g or one stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (520g) creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 10 ounces (285g) graham cracker crumbs (how many cups was this? watch the video)
- 1 - 10 oz (285g) bag of dark chocolate chips, divided (you can use a little more if you want more chocolate flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- about 1 teaspoon (5ml) sea salt flakes (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chopped, roasted peanuts
- Lightly grease a 8" x 12" pan or line the pan with parchment or aluminum foil if you don't want the extra grease calories. That might make this recipe a little healthier. Ha.
- In bowl of stand mixer (or using electric hand mixer), beat the butter and 1 cup of the peanut butter (half of what is in ingredient list) until smooth and creamy. Then beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the graham crackers and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (half of what is in the ingredient list). Pour and press this mixture into the baking pan into one even layer. Set aside.
- In sauce pan, melt remaining 1 cup of peanut butter, remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, and vanilla on low heat. Do not burn or allow chocolate mixture to boil.
- Pour chocolate/peanut butter mixture over peanut butter/graham cracker base. Top with sea salt and chopped peanuts. Chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge until the chocolate is firm enough for cutting into bars.