Instant Pot Meatballs Recipe with Parmesan Cheese
If you’re ever in a bind and need a delicious meatball recipe quick, this Instant Pot Meatballs recipe is the one! If you’ve never used the instant pot or pressure cooking, you’re in for a real treat. There’s a whole new generation of instant pots and pressure cookers that make cooking life so much easer and super delicious.
This is a great Instant Pot meatballs recipe with parmesan cheese. These stove top meatballs are so popular on our site and we tested it buy cooking the meatballs in the Instant Pot pressure cooker and it was a huge hit! You can easily sear the meatballs in this pressure cooker, which seals in the juices and makes the meatballs extra juicy. Also, searing the meatballs gives the meat extra flavor which is why this recipe for meatballs in the Instant Pot is such a hit. In less than 3o minutes you can have a big pot of goodness to share with everyone at your next party. A big pot of juicy meatballs is always a hit at game day parties. Serve the meatballs in sandwiches or on pasta and everyone is a happy, full-bellied camper. With the addition of yummy parmesan cheese, these meatballs have extra flavor that’s hard to pass up. We loved these meatballs on pasta and everyone in the test kitchen had a satisfying lunch! Click Here for all our–> Scrumptious Meatball Recipes and Instant Pot Recipes and more meatball recipes .
Watch how to make Instant Pot Meatballs
Click Here for –> Popular Skillet Parmesan Meatballs
Click Here for –> Juicy BBQ Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Click Here for –> Popular Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes
Our Favorite Cookers:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Instant Pot Meatballs with Parmesan
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 pound (454 g) ground Beef , Pork, Chicken or Turkey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup (50 g) shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (54 g) Bread Crumbs (or Panko Bread Crumbs)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 small Onion , minced
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Minced Parsley , extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , or to taste
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper
FOR THE SAUCE & TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 cups (490 g) Tomato Sauce (or more if you like)(@ 15oz Jar)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Parmesan Cheese , for topping
- chopped Italian Parsley , for topping
- serve on top of pasta , rice or with grilled bread
- In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients (meat, eggs, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt & and pepper). Mix it all together well. Add some oil to your hands to prevent sticking and roll meatballs into about 1 1/2” balls. Try to keep the meatballs all the same size for even cooking.
- Turn Instant Pot on "Sauté”. When hot, add oil then add about 6-8 meatballs. Sear in small batches in the Instant Pot. Sear only enough meatballs in a batch so they don’t overcrowd and you have room to maneuver a spatula in-between to flip them while searing.Sear the outside of the meatballs until a crust forms, gently rolling the meatballs around the Instant pot occasionally so that all the sides are seared evenly. Remove the seared meatballs and sear the next batch(s) until all the meatballs are seared.
- Add all the seared meatballs into the instant pot. Add the tomato sauce to the pot of meatballs. Close the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. If you rolled the meatballs larger, cooking time will be longer. (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot: Close the lid and close the Pressure Release Valve. Press "Cancel" to stop the "Sauté" setting. Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 15 minutes.)
- After the cooking time is complete, press "Cancel" and carefully release the pressure.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve warm with desired accompaniments (pasta, rice, bread, etc...).