Best Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
When you’re craving something warm for family dinner, our Instant pot beef stew recipe is perfect. You can also make it in the slow cooker and it’s just a delicious.First of all, we’re pretty obsessed with easy Instant pot recipes that can be adapted for the slow cooker too. These cookers are fantastic for quick and easy dinners to feed two or for a whole family of four to six. Finally, the concept is truly simple: add all the ingredients, press a few buttons, close the lid and then dinner will be finished. Hope you enjoy our pressure cooker beef stew for dinner!
How to Make Beef Stew in an Instant Pot Video:
Rich and Saucy Beef Stew Recipe
Our recipe for beef stew in the Instant pot or slow cooker is super tender and flavorful. We love adding spices, herbs and Worcestershire to the beef stew. The result is fall apart tender beef stew in a saucy, savory and delicious broth. We’re obsessed with a beef stew with extra sauce. It can eat like a soup or poured over rice or baked potato. We also love serving our delicious beef stew with some crust bread. Finally, what ever you decide to serve it with, you’ll love the tender beef, veggies and awesome sauce!
Here’s Instructions for –> Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
Click Here for all our fantastic: Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes
Favorite Slow & Pressure Cookers for Beef Stew:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Beef Stew in an Instant Pot
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 pounds (907 g) Beef Stew meat , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium (1 medium) onion , chopped
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced
- 4 (4 ) carrots , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound (454 g) potatoes , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 stalks (2 stalks) celery , chopped
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef broth
- 14 ounces (397 g) tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (thyme, oregano, basil)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) corn starch
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) water
- Turn Instant Pot on "Sauté" setting and add the olive oil. Stir in the onions & garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Add the beef, carrots, potatoes, celery, beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce), dried herbs, sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine everything evenly.
- Close the lid, making sure the vent is closed on the lid, and pressure cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot - Press "Cancel" to stop the "Sauté" setting. Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 45 minutes.)
- After the cooking time is complete, press "Cancel" and carefully release the pressure. Once pressure completely releases, whisk together the corn starch and water until all lumps are dissolved.
- Open lid and add the corn starch/water mixture.
- Gently stir the cornstarch slurry into the beef stew and close the lid for about 5 minutes for the gravy to thicken. Once gravy thickens, enjoy!