Quick and Easy Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Crispy coconut shrimp is a fantastic appetizer we can eat every day. Crispy and crunchy on the outside with the sweet shrimp on the inside is a popular appetizer for parties, holidays and game day. A platter of this will make you the best host/hostess ever. Choose the bigger shrimp if you can because the bite of big shrimp really makes this recipe for coconut shrimp delicious. Sure, you can use the smaller shrimp but the ratio of coconut to shrimp is higher. We prefer bigger bites of sweet shrimp.
Video of Baked Coconut Shrimp Recipe Video:
Awesome Coconut Shrimp Orange Soy Dip
Our orange soy dipping sauce is a combination of savory, sweet and tangy. It’s not overly sweet but you can definitely adjust the sweetness levels to your liking. This is one of those great seafood appetizers that pairs well with champagne or any bubbly. White wines such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon blanc is great to accompany this elegant appetizer. Don’t be mis-led by the fancy look of this dish and think it’s complicated. It’s totally easy to make a huge batch and make a ton of hungry people happy! More great Appetizer Recipes Here and Cocktail Recipes Here.
Click Here for Great Seafood Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2018 with new photos.
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Season all sides of shrimp with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- You’ll need 3 small bowls: In first bowl, add the flour. In second bowl, whisk together eggs. In third bowl combine coconut flakes and bread crumbs.
- Coat shrimp in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, then coat the shrimp with the coconut/bread crumb mixture. Place shrimp on prepared baking sheet. Repeat coating process on all the shrimp.
- Bake the shrimp for about 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Shrimp vary in size so cooking times will vary. If needed, turn the shrimp for more even coloring after baking for 10 minutes
For the Dipping Sauce: Whisk together the all of the dipping sauce ingredients (marmalade, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, and soy sauce) until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve with the coconut shrimp.