Broccoli Cheddar Bake with Parmesan Cheese
When you need a hot vegetable dish, this broccoli cheddar bake casserole recipe is the winner! Not only is it a great cheesy broccoli bake using cheddar cheese, we’ve added parmesan cheese to make it more flavorful and delicious.
Broccoli Cheddar Bake
Sometimes it’s nice to add a second cheese for extra flavor and texture, so we’re using our favorite to-go cheese, which is parmesan! The fantastic flavor of parmesan cheese when added to this broccoli bake is fabulous! You can use what ever ratio of cheddar and parmesan cheese that you like. You don’t have to use our recipe ratios exactly, so you can definitely make this recipe to your very own unique taste.
Video: Recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Parmesan Bake!
This broccoli cheddar bake is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, summer potlucks and just about any gathering that you want a great vegetable casserole dish to feed a crowd. It’s also a great dish to make the day ahead, then when ready to bake, let it come to room temperature and bake! You’ll be pleased with the outcome because it’s super cheesy and delicious. It’s a great and easy way to get your kids to eat more vegetables too. Also, this recipe is very adaptable so you can add less cheese if you like. Even a little sprinkle of only parmesan cheese is great, which means less calories and more veggies.
Broccoli Cheddar Bake Casserole w/ Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound (455 g) broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 10.5 oz. (300 g) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream
- 2 (2 ) eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) onions , chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces (170 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces (170 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (108 g) bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together condensed soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, onions, garlic salt, paprika, kosher salt and black pepper.Add broccoli and about 3/4 of the cheese to the mixture. Use rubber spatula to mix and scrape sides of bowl to combine all the ingredients together well.
- Pour broccoli mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of cheese.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Wanting too use another vegetable? You can definitely try this with cauliflower, potatoes and zucchini. Just adjust cooking times and you’ll have another winner vegetable dish to feed the family. Kids love this recipe.
More of our Casserole Recipes are great and easy!
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2020 with updated video. Here’s some more easy casserole recipes. Enjoy and happy cooking friends!