Blueberry Lemon buttermilk muffins
Fill your morning and kitchen with the wonderful aroma of blueberry lemon buttermilk muffins. There’s something super special when you bake in the morning. The warm and comforting to be baking muffins in the morning and sharing it with everyone for a special breakfast is wonderful. Wether it be breakfast, brunch or any morning occasion when you want to share something special, blueberry muffins are always loved. And to make it even more special, we’ve added flavors of lemon and richness of buttermilk to make these cupcakes fabulous.
Drool over the video of these muffins!
The crumb and texture of these cupcakes are fantastic because they’re adapted from our Very Berry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake. This latest recipe for blueberry lemon muffins are easy and the muffins are super moist and tender. They’re not dry at all and the fresh blueberries that are baked and cooked in the batter make breaking the muffins in half even more special! It’s exciting to see how many blueberries landed in each muffin.
If you don’t want to use blueberries, you can certainly use what ever berries you want. Just make sure to not forget the lemon juice and lemon zest because that’s what adds so much wonderful brightness and flavor to these outstanding muffins.
Lemon-Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- ½ cup (113g or 1 stick) unsalted butter , at room temperature
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (250g) flour
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) kosher salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces or 170g) fresh blueberries
- ½ cup (120ml) buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Fill 12-muffin tray with muffin liners or grease muffin tin.
- In large bowl, cream butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar until light and fluffy.Add the egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- In separate bowl whisk or sift remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry flour mixture and the buttermilk to the wet egg batter, mixing until just combined, don’t overmix. Fold in the berries.
- Divide batter between the 12 muffin liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.Allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
More great muffin recipe ideas here.