Best Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
Mornings can be made more special with coffee and warm banana nut muffins. This is one of those everyday and easy banana nut muffin recipes that you can make without stress or prep. What makes these banana muffins so moist and delicious is that it uses three very ripe bananas. The extra banana adds wonderful banana flavor. To ensure that the muffins are moist, choose the ripest bananas that you can find. When we say ripe, we mean when they’re soft and overripe, with the mottled skin. Don’t assume that bruised bananas are ripe, but they can still be firm on the inside.
Check for bananas that are fragrant with ripe bananas smell and are soft. After that, you’re well on your way to a wonderful morning with warm banana nut muffins!
What makes these muffins so moist is to choose very ripe bananas. If the bananas are mottled and overripe, then that's even better because they'll add flavor, sweetness and moistness to the muffins. Don't assume that brusied looking bananas are ripe because they can still be firm on the inside. For fuller muffins with a big muffin top, divide the mixture into 11 muffin cups instead of 12.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 very ripe Bananas (overripe and soft is better)
- 2 lrg. Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup toasted Pecan Pieces , or other desired nut *see note 1 for toasting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a standard-size muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In bowl, whisk together by hand the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined, about 20 seconds. Set aside.
In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and bananas until they are well broken up.
By hand, fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the nuts, reserving a handful to top the muffins with. Don't overmix which can result in tough muffins. Fill the muffin cups with the batter. Top with the reserved nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool for about 10 minutes then remove the muffins and finish cooling on a wire rack.