Moist Banana Nut Muffins
Mornings can be made more special with coffee and warm banana nut muffins. This is one of those everyday and easy banana nut muffin recipes that you can make without stress or prep. What makes these banana muffins so moist and delicious is that it uses two to three very ripe bananas. The extra banana adds wonderful banana flavor.
Best Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
To ensure that the muffins are moist, choose the ripest bananas that you can find. When we say ripe, we mean when they’re soft and overripe, with the mottled skin. Don’t assume that bruised bananas are ripe, but they can still be firm on the inside. With some toasted pecans or what ever nuts you want, these are fantastic with a cup of coffee or milk. Serve them warm with a side of butter and breakfast is served! Also, these freeze well too so if you don’t eat it all at once, freeze some to enjoy later.
Video: Recipe for Banana Nut Muffins
How to Make Easy Banana Nut Muffins
Check for bananas that are fragrant with ripe bananas smell and are soft. You can eliminate the nuts if you want to as well. There’s many possibilities to these muffins. Add about a cup of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or dried fruit. All the delicious chocolate or textures of chopped dry fruit really make these amazing. Share some with family, friends and everyone at the office. They’ll be a big hit! Check out our step by step recipes to guide you through the baking process. And all the recipe details are in the recipe box below. Enjoy1
Banana Muffin with Nuts
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter (113g - 1 stick), softened at room temp.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 very ripe Bananas (overripe and soft is better)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup toasted Pecan Pieces , or other desired nut *see note 1 for toasting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard-size muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together by hand the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined, about 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and bananas until they are well broken up.
- By hand, fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the nuts, reserving a handful to top the muffins with. Don't overmix which can result in tough muffins. Fill the muffin cups with the batter. Top with the reserved nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool for about 10 minutes then remove the muffins and finish cooling on a wire rack.