It’s party time and our quick stove top spinach artichoke dip has always pleased nearly every eater. There’s no oven involved, unless you want to. Making this easy spinach artichoke dip recipe is on the stove-top and in one pot. When you’re in a bind and looking for a delicious and easy recipe for a cheesy dip, this is the one you’ll always turn to.
This artichoke spinach dip recipe is so quick and easy, but to make it even easier, you can make it ahead of time and then re-heat or bake it the day that you want to serve it. Our test kitchen has made this hot cheesy dip it by mixing it in large batches and placed them in baking dishes and chilled them in the fridge. When the party day arrives, take out the dip and allow it to come to room temperature, then bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until all the cheese is completely melted and hot. That’s the oven version.
But to make it even more easy and equally delicious, we’ve tested it by making it ahead of time in a pan. Then allowed the dip to cool, then refrigerated it. On the day we wanted to serve it, we just let it come to room temperature and re-heated it on the stove top. It tastes just as good as the oven version. It’s a winner recipe because every time we’ve made and served it, people are blown away at how delicious and super easy it was to make it.
It’s the perfect holiday cheese dip appetizer and amazing game day appetizer recipe. For any gathering, there has to be an awesome spinach artichoke dip at the table and you’ll want to be the one who brings the best one ever!
Quick Stove Top Spinach Artichoke Dip
Yield: Serves about 6
Total Time: 30 minutes
This dip is so quick and easy, but to make it even easier, you can make it ahead of time and then re-heat or bake it the day that you want to serve it. We've also made large batches of this dip and placed them in baking dishes and chilled them in the fridge. When the party day arrives, take out the dip and allow it to come to room temperature, then bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until all the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) cooking oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small/medium onion, diced
- 1 package (10 ounces or 284g) chopped frozen spinach (thawed & drained of excess water)
- 1 can of artichoke hearts (14 ounces or 395g), drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 package (8 ounces or 226g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (240ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mayonnaise
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until they are light brown but not burnt, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and chopped artichoke hearts. Cook until ingredients are combined well, about 3 minutes
- In this order: Add milk first, the stir. Then add cream cheese, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. When mixture begins to melt, turn heat to low.
- Season with salt and pepper. Slowly stir and simmer ingredients until all cheese is completely melted and dip becomes creamy and well combined. Cook for about another 2-3 minutes to blend flavors together.
- Serve immediately when it's warm with bread, crackers or tortilla chips.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.