Fresh Spring Rolls are possibly one of the easiest chicken recipes to make if you have leftover roast chicken. Using the leftover chicken in lettuce filled spring rolls is like eating a big salad. Another great benefit to making chicken spring rolls is that they’re super healthy and low carb. Adding healthy boneless skinless chicken breast that’s been poached or oven baked (with little oil) makes the chicken moist and still flavorful in the rolls. This whole dish is low in calories, healthy and wonderful to eat. The only high calories in this dish possibly in the garlic soy dip. But if you’re using low sodium soy sauce, then the dip is even healthier. We also added another option for the hoisin peanut dip in the recipe below.
When making these fresh spring rolls extra flavorful, make sure to use fresh herbs. It’s the fresh herbs that makes these chicken spring rolls extra fragrant and giving it an added layer of wonderful flavor. If fresh mint or basil is not in season, then try fresh cilantro. This recipe is also a great gluten free chicken recipe, as long as your soy sauce is gluten free. Just find the right brand of soy sauce for your gluten free guests.
Chicken Breast Spring Rolls Recipe with Garlic Soy Dip
Yield: Serves 2-4
Total Time: 20 min
Please read post for more recipe details. Here's a photo tutorial on how to roll fresh rice paper spring rolls and how to use rice paper wrappers. If you want to make a Hoisin peanut dip, here is the recipe for the different Peanut dip option.
Chicken Spring Roll Ingredients
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast ( poached, baked or leftover chicken)
- 8 ounce package of dried rice vermicelli noodles (cooked to package instructions)
- 1 large carrot , cut into thin strips
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into thin strips
- fresh herbs such as basil, mint or cilantro
- small head of lettuce
- about 12 (6-8 inch) rice paper wrappers
Garlic Soy dip Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce ( if using light soy sauce, then you don't have to water it down too much) (use Tamari Soy Sauce for Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil
Cook your chicken
- Here's recipes for: Poached Chicken Breast, Oven Baked Chicken Breast or Roast Chicken. Allow chicken to cool and cut into thin strips.
Chicken Spring Roll Directions
- Gather all your filling ingredients on plates: noodles, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, herbs and rice paper wrappers.
- Please check out our photo tutorial on how to roll spring rolls and the photographs in the blog post to see how to roll with the sliced shrimp showing on the outside.
- Add warm water to a large bowl. Quickly dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds and lay on rolling surface such as a cutting board or plate (they will still be slightly stiff).
- First, lay a small piece of lettuce on the spring roll wrapper, then add a little bit of the noodles, strips of chicken, carrots, cucumber and herbs.
- Roll spring roll, making sure to gather all the ingredients together tightly in the roll.
- Serve with the garlic soy dip.
Garlic Soy dip Directions:
- In a bowl, combine all dip ingredients together and use a fork to mix all the ingredients together well