This is one of the most fun and easy recipes for oven baked chicken tenders or chicken strips that not only kids enjoy, but adults as well. Take a few boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them into then strips and dredge in a bit of egg, flour mixture and what you have is a huge platter to please a crowd. Probably the most fun you can have with this chicken tenders recipe is presenting an array of different dips.
The standard ketchup and mustard will probably please the kiddies, but for adults, get creative with bbq sauces, homemade honey mustard or even a spicy sriracha mayo. Toss in a colorful side of raw vegetable crudite and it’s a wonderful appetizer for parties of all ages.
Thinner cut strips will cook faster. Just keep your cuts consistent & even.
Lay on cookie sheet and bake.
ta da! Yummy baked chicken tenders for the whole family.
Baked Chicken Tenders
Yield: Serves 2-4
Total Time: 40 min
Healthier options for these baked chicken tenders would be to try using a little less bread crumbs. For gluten free folks, omit the flour and use rice flour or even corn starch for dredging. The cooking times will vary based on how thin or thick the chicken breast is cut, so take that into consideration when you slice the breasts.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. The thinner they are, the quicker they will cook in the oven. Make sure to keep cuts same size and consistent for even cooking.
- In small bowl, beat 2 eggs. In medium bowl combine flour, salt and black pepper. In another small bowl, add bread crumbs.
- Dredge each strip of chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat for all chicken strips.
- Lay coated chicken strips on sheet pan. Use parchment paper for less sticking.
- Bake chicken strips in oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked and crisp. Remember to turn the chicken strips about 1/2 way through cooking.
- Serve with your ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard or favorite dip.