Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai with Chicken
If you’re ever craving pad Thai but want a lighter low carb version, this Thai inspired zucchini noodle pad Thai is for you! Read all about our favorite zucchini noodle spiralizer tools here.
Asian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Recipe
Gosh, this is super good and a fantastic alternative to pad Thai that’s less calories and equally flavorful and delicious. Sure, it’s definitely healthier than regular noodle pad thai but the flavor is still fantastic, you don’t even miss the rice noodles. Made from zucchini noodles, this healthy pad Thai recipe is chock full of vegetables and low carb goodness. We’ve tested and served it to many folks and they were all extremely pleased with how delicious it was without the carbs from noodles. Sure, it’s not exactly like the regular pad Thai and don’t expect it to be just like what you get in restaurants. But what you do get is a fantastic alternative to satisfy your pad Thai craving.
Video: Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Recipe with Chicken
Although this recipe is for chicken, you can certain use what ever protein you want. For this easy pad Thai recipe is great on its own as a vegetarian version without meat. But shrimp, beef and pork also fantastic alternatives. If you’re vegan, just omit the egg and add some tofu! It’s still delicious as a vegan zucchini noodle pad thai stuffed with yummy tofu. So there you have it, so many options to satisfy that pad Thai craving and still eat light and low calorie for the day! You’ll be satisfied without feeling too full because there’s so many healthy vegetables in one bite! Click Here for More Amazing–> zucchini noodle recipes and healthy recipes.
Best Spiralizers for Spiralizing Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
our favorite vegetable spiralizer tool is here
this simple hand peeler works great too!
CLICK HERE FOR –> CREAMY GARLIC ALFREDO CHICKEN ZOODLES RECIPE
Better than take out! –> Zucchini Noodle Chow Mein Recipe
Our popular —> DELICIOUS ITALIAN ZUCCHINI NOODLES
Chicken Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
For The Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
- about 2 medium zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound (454 g) chicken breast , cut into small chunks
- 2-3 large cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and sliced thin
- 3-4 green onions sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- about 2 cups (480 ml) bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup (50 g) roasted peanuts
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- lime wedges optional
For The Sauce:
- more vegetables!
- Make the Sauce: in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients (rice vinegar, fish sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and chili garlic sauce), set aside. If you want to use sriracha hot sauce, add as much as you like or you can add it afterwards.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil (reserve the other half for later). Then add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Don't overcook the noodles. The zucchini noodles should be slightly crunchy with a tender bite.
- Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes to allow all the moisture to release. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain the excess water.
- Carefully wipe the same pan remove the excess water, and then re-heat the pan on medium-high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and garlic. Cook the garlic until soft and translucent, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.Add the bell peppers and green onions. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the egg and stir in with the vegetables until the egg is cooked.
- Add the zucchini noodles back into the same pan, and then add the sauce. Cook for about 1 more minute or until the zucchini noodles are heated through. Then stir in the bean sprouts.
- Serve with roasted peanuts and cilantro. If you want to add lime wedges, squeeze some fresh lime juice on the noodles right before serving.