Grilled Breakfast Burrito Recipe
A quick grab and go breakfast burrito can be super easy and give you a great start to your morning. Our grilled breakfast burrito recipe makes it even better because the grilled outside tortilla gives a super delicious crunch and texture that takes burritos to another level. Filled with breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese, this breakfast burrito will give you the boost and hearty bite that kick starts your morning. When you bite into this burrito, you’ll be reminded of all the great morning flavors all wrapped inside a tortilla.
Video of our Grilled Breakfast Burritos:
Check out a Few of our Favorite Cooktop Grilling Pans & Tools:
Nothing heats and sears like a cast iron pan. They are fantastic for cooktop grilling. Here’s some of the favorites:
Click Here for More of —> Our Killer Breakfast Recipes.
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2020 with updated video.
- 1/3 lb. uncooked Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Tortillas - 10-inch size
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or 4 slices of American cheese (or both for extra cheesy burritos) (@ 2 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- oil or butter , if needed
- 1/4 cup salsa , approximately
- optional cooked bacon to make it extra amazing!
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook breakfast sausage until crisp and brown. Remove sausage from the pan and set aside.
- If needed (depends on pan and sausage renderings) add some oil or butter into the same skillet with the sausage drippings. Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet. Gently gather the edges to the center and gently scramble until the eggs are cooked.
- Lay both tortillas flat and fill both tortillas with the sausage, egg, cheese and salsa, or extra bacon if you're feeling extra hungry. Roll up and fold in the sides to shape the burrito.
- Heat a new skillet on medium high heat. Place burrito on hot skillet, seam down. Grill until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Repeat on other side until golden brown and serve warm.