Easy Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe
Everyone loves a creamy chocolate pie. How can you not? It’s a dessert should be on everyone’s top ten list. If you’re a chocolate lover it should be on your top 5 list. Or even better, if you’re a dark chocolate lover then this pie should be on your top three list! Our awesome pie recipe is so easy and only needs three basic ingredients. There’s no reason to not make this chocolate dessert because it’s such a crowd pleaser. It’s so silky and creamy delicious. Everyone is going to ask you for the recipe they finish their slice. Make sure to send them back here to this site!
Video: Super Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Silk Pie
You can this pie filling in two ways.
- The quickest way is by using whipped topping. It’ll usually be a little sweeter because the whipped topping is often sweeter than homemade whipped cream.
- Another way takes an extra step to make homemade whipped cream. The extra effort is worth it. The texture is just as creamy delicious as whipped topping but it’ll be less sweet. By making your own whipped cream for the filling, you can customize the sweetness level to balance out with the sweet chocolate chips.
You can this creamy chocolate pie filling in vary ways of convenience or homemade. The quickest way is by using whipped topping and ready-made pie crust. It’ll be a little sweeter because the whipped topping is already sweet. Or you can go full homemade and make your own crust and homemade whipped cream. Both are fairly easy to do, but it just takes a little more time on your part. By making your own whipped cream for the filling, you can customize the sweetness level to your preference. Refer to the write up for step-by-step phootos.
- 9 inch prepared frozen deep dish pie crust
- 10 oz. dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 oz. container whipped topping or homemade whipped cream *see Note below recipe
- extra whipped topping or whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
Thaw pie crust. Poke holes throughout the pie crust with a fork. Blind bake according to manufacturer instructions.
In bowl combine dark chocolate and milk. Microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. (Tip - Don't over heat the chocolate. It might seize up or get clumpy) Use a rubber spatula to mash and stir chocolate to make sure it’s smooth. Allow chocolate to cool about 10-15 minutes on the counter, but don’t put it in the fridge or else it will harden too fast.
Once chocolate isn't too warm but is still creamy, fold in the whipped topping. If needed, whisk the mixture to make it smooth and combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the pie crust. Chill for at least 2 hours to let the chocolate set before serving.
Serve with optional whipped topping, whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings.
1 1/2 cups heavy cream whipped (makes @ 3 cups) = 8 oz whipped topping
Want to make homemade pie dough? Here’s how.
Check out all our Easy–> Dessert Recipes Here.
Here’s some more great dessert recipes to enjoy.