Chocolate Bread Pudding
We’re fans of chocolate and bread pudding so add these two together for an amazing chocolate bread pudding. We’ve made this several times and everyone raves about the flavor and texture.
Easy Chocolate Bread Pudding
Even those who didn’t love bread pudding raved about how delicious our chocolate bread pudding recipe is. The sweet melted chocolate with soft tender bread pudding is divine! It’s even better when served with milk or hot coffee. Bread pudding is perfect for Holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Breakfast and Brunch. Basically, it’s great for any time of year that you want a unique chocolate dessert that’s delicious and easy to make.
What Bread to Use for Bread pudding?
You can use regular soft white bread or soft recipes French style loaves for this recipe. But our favorite is using soft and tender brioche. We love the brioche because of the texture and flavor. Our second favorite bread to use is a soft french bread that’s fluffy and lots of soft, tender crumb. This will allow the egg mixture to soak and bake great. Sometimes bread with lots of hard crust like a baguette will make the pudding firm and dry. But some folks like that firmer style of bread pudding so make it your own!
Video: Best Bread Pudding Recipe
How to Make Easy Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
Here’s our step-by-step photos to help guide you through the chocolate recipe. Print out the full recipe in the recipe box below. You can adjust the sweetness level by adding a little less chocolate dips. Or for all you dark chocolate lovers, use dark chocolate for extra chocolatey flavor! This is great for breakfast and serve it with milk or coffee!
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- 8-10 cups (1.9 l) day-old bread *see head note , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 large (5 large) eggs , beaten
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (330 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (227 g) chocolate chips (about 1 ½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt & vanilla. Place cut bread in the bowl with the egg mixture and gently toss. Lightly press down on the bread to soak up the liquids.
- Pour the bread pudding into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bread pudding, mixing some of the chips into the bread pudding.
- Bake for about 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until set and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. It’s great with whipped cream or ice cream.