Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Just hearing the term chicken noodle soup brings feeling of comfort and soulful. Even when we’re not feeling under the weather, the sound of this soup recipe just sounds satisfying. It’s possibly one of the easiest soups to make and to if you have homemade chicken stock on hand, it couldn’t be more hearty and homemade. And if you are feeling a little sick, a big bowl of this soup is probably a better cure than any over the counter medication.
Often times many this classic and popular soup uses use egg noodles. Though we appreciate egg noodles often, we love changing up our recipes with different types of pastas and noodles. Fusilli, penne, farfalle and even macaroni add a wonderfully different texture and bite to your regular pot of soup. So feel free to use up any leftover pasta that you may have and certainly add more vegetables to your liking!
Here’s a Video for How to Make Homemade Chicken Stock
If you made this recipe, please share it with us in the comments below! Or if you captured a photo, please share it with us on our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram! We love seeing your creations!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely minced or crushed
- 1/2 Onion , sliced
- 2 (@1/4 lb or 113g) Carrots , peeled & cut into a large dice
- 2 stalks Celery , cut into 3/8" slices
- 4 cups (950ml) Homemade Chicken Broth
- 1/2 pound (225g) Cooked Chicken , torn into pieces
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 pound (113-225g) Pasta , cooked to package instructions
- optional ~ fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese , for garnish
- optional ~ chili flakes , for garnish
- optional ~ chopped Italian Parsley , for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until slightly soft, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add the carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables begin to sweat, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in broth and increase heat to high. Bring broth to a simmer, then lower heat to medium and maintain a gentle simmer.Simmer soup until the vegetables are almost at your preferred tenderness *see head note.
- Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Continue continue cooking for a minute or two more, or until chicken is heated through.
- When ready to serve, put cooked pasta in serving bowls. Ladle chicken soup over the noodles, making sure to include pieces of chicken and vegetables. Garnish desired topping.