Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
This homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is a meal in it self. You an customize it by adding your favorite veggies or style of noodle or pasta. It’s a big pot of delicious comfort.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Just hearing the term chicken noodle soup brings feeling of comfort and soulful. Even when we’re not feeling under the weather, the sound of this soup recipe just sounds satisfying. It’s possibly one of the easiest soups to make and to if you have homemade chicken stock on hand, it couldn’t be more hearty and homemade. And if you are feeling a little sick, a big bowl of this soup is probably a better cure than any over the counter medication.
Best Pasta for Chicken Soup
Often times this classic and popular soup uses use small egg noodles. Though we appreciate egg noodles often, we love changing up our recipes with different types of pastas and noodles. Fusilli, penne, farfalle and even macaroni add a wonderfully different texture and bite to your regular pot of soup. We also love small pasta to cut back on calories. These small pastas are ancini de peppe or ditalini pasta. So feel free to use up any leftover pasta that you may have and certainly add more vegetables to your liking!
Here’s a Video for How to Make Homemade Chicken Stock
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/4 pound dry egg noodles or pasta , cooked to package instructions
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely minced or crushed
- 1/2 Onion , sliced
- 2 (@1/4 lb or 113g) Carrots , peeled & cut into a large dice
- 2 stalks Celery , cut into 3/8" slices
- 4 cups (950ml) Chicken Broth , or homemade from our recipe link above
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken , torn into pieces
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- optional ~ fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese , for garnish
- optional ~ chili flakes , for garnish
- optional ~ chopped Italian Parsley , for garnish
- Cook pasta to package instructions. Then drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until slightly soft, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add the carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables begin to sweat, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in broth and increase heat to high. Bring broth to a simmer, then lower heat to medium and maintain a gentle simmer.Simmer soup until the vegetables are almost at your preferred tenderness *see head note.
- Add chicken and cooked pasta noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Continue continue cooking for a minute or two more, or until chicken and pasta noodles are heated through.
- Taste for seasonings and add more salt if needed. The salt really helps bring out the flavor. Garnish with desired toppings: cheese, parsley, chili flakes.
More Chicken Soup Recipes:
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- creamy turkey vegetable soup recipe
- South Beach Diet Chicken Noodle Soup from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- More Chicken Soup Recipes
If you made this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe, please share it with us in the comments below! Or if you captured a photo, please share it with us on our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram! We love seeing your creations! Thank you so much and happy cooking.