Picnics and parties are super delicious with bacon ranch potato salad. But with the extra bacon AND bbq sauce that we add to this amazing potato salad recipe, it’s gotta be called the Cowboy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad!
One of our test kitchen recipe developers is a true cowboy. He grew up on a cattle ranch and his family had thousands of acres of land where they ran cattle and so much of their meals growing up is ranch inspired. Being as busy cowboys as his family are, we dedicate this fully loaded bacon ranch potato salad to him and all the ingredients that he loves so much. This cowboy potato salad has so many goodies in it and that’s what makes is so delicious. The crunchy bacon and touch of bbq sauce gives so many of the familiar flavors that remind him of home on the ranch.
Watch the video of our delicious Cowboy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad!
Give this bacon ranch potato salad attention to your next party, picnic, game day or Summer gathering. It’s sure to be a hit because the flavors and all the wonderful textures give this potato salad recipe a truly unique bite. It’s hard to not eat two big portions of this bacon ranch potato salad. So you might consider making a double batch!
Click Here for more–> Grilling Recipes
Click Here for more—> Salad Recipes
Here’s a great Grilled Romaine and Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds Potatoes , cut into bite sized pieces
- 5-6 slices cooked bacon , chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion or minced red onion (or both)
- 2 boiled eggs , diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place cut potatoes in a large pot covered with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until they are tender, about 10-15 minutes (depending on the size). After potatoes are cooked, drain and allow to completely cool.
- In large bowl, combine mayo, ranch, bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings and adjust to your personal taste.
- Add potatoes, bacon, sliced or minced onion, boiled eggs, celery, corn, and cheese into the bowl of dressing. Gently stir and combine everything together.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Add additional toppings if you want for more texture and flavor!