Easy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe
Picnics and parties are super delicious with bacon ranch potato salad. But with the extra bacon AND bbq sauce that we add to this amazing potato salad recipe, it’s amazing. That’s why we call it the Cowboy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad! One of our test kitchen recipe developers is a true cowboy. He grew up on a cattle ranch and his family had thousands of acres of land where they ran cattle and so much of their meals growing up is ranch inspired. Growing up in a busy ranching family, we dedicate this recipe to him and his family. This fully loaded bacon ranch potato salad has all the ingredients that he loves. This cowboy potato salad has so many goodies in it and that’s what makes is so delicious. The crunchy bacon and touch of bbq sauce gives so many of the familiar flavors that remind him of home on the ranch.
Video: Cowboy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad!
Make this wonderful salad the highlight to your next party, picnic, game day or Summer gathering. It’s sure to be a hit because the flavors and all the wonderful textures give this potato salad recipe a truly unique bite. It’s hard to not eat two big portions of this potato salad. So you might consider making a double batch! The best part about this recipe is that you can add or remove any ingredients that you want. Love more bacon? Add as much as you want. There textures and flavors are fantastic and it’s like a full meal in a bowl. With all food groups included!
Click Here for more–> Grilling Recipes
Check out our popular—> Salad Recipes
Here’s a great Grilled Romaine and Corn Salad Recipe
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated photos.
Cowboy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 pounds (910 g) Potatoes , cut into bite sized pieces
- 5-6 slices (5 slices) cooked bacon , chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced green onion or minced red onion (or both)
- 2 (2 ) boiled eggs , diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chopped celery
- 1 cup (240 ml) cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) mayo
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) paprika
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place cut potatoes in a large pot covered with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until they are tender, about 10-15 minutes (depending on the size). After potatoes are cooked, drain and allow to completely cool.
- In large bowl, combine mayo, ranch, bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings and adjust to your personal taste.
- Add potatoes, bacon, sliced or minced onion, boiled eggs, celery, corn, and cheese into the bowl of dressing. Gently stir and combine everything together.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Add additional toppings if you want for more texture and flavor!