Microwave Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
This microwave scrambled eggs recipe will rock your morning routine. Quick, easy and crazy good!
Microwave Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Cheesy scrambled eggs in the microwave? It might be hard to believe, but it’s true and the results are delicious! We were skeptical at first too, but after our first test batch we are hooked. The eggs cook quick and easy. The best part about this is that you can microwave scrambled eggs to your perfect preference. Use our base timing and then cook for addition increments of about 15 seconds until the eggs are to your liking. It’s really that easy. Add some cheese and you can cheesy scrambled eggs.
Video Making Scrambled Eggs with Cheese in the Microwave
How to Microwave Scrambled Eggs (Tips)
- Base timing: start with our base timing and keep stirring and adding additional microwave cooking time of 15 seconds until the eggs are perfect to your preference.
- Seasoning: make sure to salt the eggs for ultimate flavor. Under-seasoned scrambled eggs just don’t taste as good, no matter what technique you use.
- What type of cheese to use? You can use any type of good melting cheese. Our favorite is still cheddar cheese or even parmesan cheese.
- Make sure to cover the bowl so that you don’t have splattered egg in the microwave. Just make sure it’s a microwave safe cover.
- All microwave scrambled eggs recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Microwave Safe Dishware
Make sure to use microwave safe dishware. You can use ceramic, glass, silicone or anything that is microwave safe plastic. Do not use metal materials or cheap plastic in the microwave when cooking food.
Microwave Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) milk
- Salt , to taste
- Pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated cheese
- Oil spray
- Lightly oil the inside of a medium microwave safe bowl. Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper into the bowl and beat until egg whites and yolks are evenly mixed.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid or plate.
- Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir the egg mixture and cover again.
- Microwave on High for 30 seconds again. Stir the egg mixture and cover again. Continue microwaving in 15 second intervals until cooked to your preference.
- Add cheese on top and cover for about 1 minute or microwave for about 15 seconds to melt the cheese. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- 600-800w – Lower Wattage Microwaves: More time often needed
- 900-1100w – Average Wattage Microwaves
- 1200-1300w – High Wattage Microwaves: Less time often needed
- Microwave safe glass (particularly borosilicate glass) & ceramic containers are the recommended choice. *Do not use cracked or otherwise damaged containers.
- Microwave safe plastic containers are considered safe by the FDA but many health organizations caution against using them.
- Never use plastics (containers, bags, wrap, etc.) that are not labeled microwave safe. Never use styrofoam, metal, or aluminum foil.
- Lids – microwave safe glass, ceramic or silicone is best. A microwave safe plate works great as a lid. Parchment paper, wax paper, or paper towels work fine, but may not hold the steam in as much (many recipes benefits from the steam retention). Microwave safe plastic lids are considered acceptable. Usually we prefer to use a lid from glass, ceramic, or silicone and just use the microwave safe plastic lids that come with the containers for storing.
Here’s all our recipes in the microwave for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. Do you want to learn more about our microwave recipes using fresh ingredients? Our recipe show you how to cook fresh and wholesome meals in the microwave. It’s not just for reheating and this appliance definitely needs more credit for cooking real food in minutes. If you make any of our recipes, please share with us in the comments below. Or share your photo with us on social media. We’d love to see! This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021.