What’s not to love about garlic knots? Every time we served these easy garlic knots there is rarely any left over. Soft, tender and full of garlic butter flavor, these garlic knots are dangerously delicious. They’re like a whole food group in themselves because they literally can be a full meal! If you pop one in your mouth, we guarantee that you might be eating 4-5 more because they’re that addicting and amazing. You’ll want to lick your fingers clean of all the fabulous garlic butter flavor.
Watch the video making the easy garlic knots:
What makes this recipe for garlic knots so easy is that we’ve used crescent dough. The results are fantastic because the dough bakes up to a perfect little crisp and they soak up the garlic parsley butter perfectly! This dough is so perfect to use to whip up a batch of these garlic knots and before you know it, you have a platter of goodness to accompany a dinner. Or you can even serve the as an appetizer because they’re loaded with flavor and texture.
So instead of bread or if you’re wanting something different, these garlic knots are perfect for any dinner. They pair perfectly with Italian food or any dinner that you need some bread to sop-up sauces. If you happen to have any left over, they are the perfect snack and are even delicious when they’re cold! But if you have a moment, just re-heat them for a few seconds in the microwave or a few minutes in a toaster oven and you’re as good as gold when it comes to satisfying any cravings for homemade garlic knots.
Garlic Knots with Pop up Dough
Yield: Serves 4-6
Total Time: 30 minutes
The easies dough to use for the garlic knots is the crescent dough sheets, not the classic triangles. If you can't find the sheets, or just have the regular crescents, it will still work fine. Just cut the triangles into as long of strips as you can and tie the knots.
See the post above to watch the video making the garlic knots.
- one 8 ounce (226g) package crescent dough sheets, see headnote
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) finely chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- Kosher or Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roll out the dough on a cutting board. Cut in half lengthwise, and then slice in the other direction into 3/4” strips.
- Tie the dough strips into knots (loop a strip of dough and then take one end over and through the loop) and place on lined sheet pan. Place knots about an 1 1/2" apart. At first it may seem awkward making the knots but with a little practice it will become easy.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 min. or until golden.
- While knots are baking, make garlic coating. Gently warm olive oil, butter, and garlic in a small saucepan (if you like your garlic with less of a bite, cook it for a few minutes in oil/butter mix until soft & slightly golden). Add chopped parsley and set aside.
- After removing knots from oven, while still warm, either brush with garlic coating, or place knots in a large bowl and toss with garlic coating. Season with salt to taste.
- Best served warm, but still good when at room temp.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission and do not re-publish this recipe. Simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.